Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Software version

diabolik

Hi guys!

I have bought a facelift 2014 CT a while ago and I am wondering if the non-nav software could be updated? Has anyone done that at the dealership or it can be done from the car as well? Are there any benefits?

My car came with:

OS - LE31.88

Device Driver - LE31.88

Audio - LE31.92

Gracenote v05377

What is your version and car year?

image.thumb.png.2b153f9b2a1db42533f998630fd7d1c7.png

image.thumb.png.151f8fe8bac9bc824041c248d40d03cd.png

@Las Palmassomething related to car music recognition.

I'm curious if other newer CTs got newer updates or this one was put to all models. 

This all started from BT playing up sometimes (no matter what device I use) and the interface being sluggish. 

31 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

What is Gracenote? I mean more than wasting time with information not needed in order to drive safe.

When you play a song, the Gracenote software interrogates the CDDB (CD Database) and displays the album cover photo, the artist name and the song name.

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

When you play a song, the Gracenote software interrogates the CDDB (CD Database) and displays the album cover photo, the artist name and the song name.

That is what I meant with info not really of any use for driving safe.

4 hours ago, diabolik said:

Hi guys!

I have bought a facelift 2014 CT a while ago and I am wondering if the non-nav software could be updated? Has anyone done that at the dealership or it can be done from the car as well? Are there any benefits?

My car came with:

OS - LE31.88

Device Driver - LE31.88

Audio - LE31.92

Gracenote v05377

What is your version and car year?

image.thumb.png.2b153f9b2a1db42533f998630fd7d1c7.png

image.thumb.png.151f8fe8bac9bc824041c248d40d03cd.png

Dan,

Is this premium nav or standard nav?  (Our CT was a 13MY and had a different system to this one so I'm not familiar exactly with what you have).

There was an update to the "Lexus Media Display" (standard nav?) on 05/12/2016 for CT200h as per technical services bulletin BE-0133L-1014.

Without getting paid access on Lexus Tech (https://www.lexus-tech.eu/) I can't see what revision number that is though.  I would guess the software has not been updated on your specific car though since it left Japan (dealers don't tend to do it at e.g. a service unless asked and most owners will not ask), so there is a good chance that a newer version exists than the one you are running.  There is a chance that an update could improve BT performance.  

Gracenote updates almost certainly do not exist, however.  The latest versions of the software for the newer infotainment systems have dropped Gracenote altogether, so I would be surprised to see any updates from now on for Gracenote on any Lexus platform.  You can, however, embed album art direct into your music and it will display (use jpeg and on this system you should probably use images that are 150x150 pixels).

Paul

Great stuff @PDM

There seems to be 3 services bulletins and the one you listed applies to my car.

Unfortunately, once I manage to insert my VIN and found the TSBs to update the software, the page then stops!!! Bummer!!

image.thumb.png.4649245e61b1715b8f44daf030d205b5.png

Oh man, I was so close

7 hours ago, diabolik said:

Great stuff @PDM

There seems to be 3 services bulletins and the one you listed applies to my car.

Unfortunately, once I manage to insert my VIN and found the TSBs to update the software, the page then stops!!! Bummer!!

image.thumb.png.4649245e61b1715b8f44daf030d205b5.png

Oh man, I was so close

Dan,

You could ask your dealer to do this at the next service.

Paul

Thanks for your help @PDM

I have managed to the login and pay for 1h subscription (3 GBP) on Techstream (Lexus Tech Eu) then I have followed the guide present in TSB BE-0133L-1014 (only for NON-NAV CTs and a few other Lexus models).

Once you pay the subscription, the page no longer stops and it will send you to TSBs.

My operating system got updated from LE31.88 to LE32.08 (non-nav CT).

Later edit: If anyone will ever want to update their operating system, this are TSBs you need to search for on Techstream depending on your car and sat nav:

BE-0081L-1113 - Lexus premium navigation - software revision -> Multimedia Premium with GPS
BO-0147L-1214 - Lexus accessory navigation - Navigation software release including bugfixes -> Multimedia standard with GPS
BE-0133L-1014 - Lexus Media Display: Implementation of new Running Change software (RC3) -> Standard multimedia without GPS

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diabolik said:

I have managed to the login and pay for 1h subscription (3 GBP) on Techstream (Lexus Tech Eu) then I have followed the guide present in TSB BE-0133L-1014 (only for NON-NAV CTs and a few other Lexus models).

Once you pay the subscription, the page no longer stops and it will send you to TSBs.

Later edit: If anyone will ever want to update their operating system, this are TSBs you need to search for on Techstream depending on your car and sat nav:

BE-0081L-1113 - Lexus premium navigation - software revision -> Multimedia Premium with GPS
BO-0147L-1214 - Lexus accessory navigation - Navigation software release including bugfixes -> Multimedia standard with GPS
BE-0133L-1014 - Lexus Media Display: Implementation of new Running Change software (RC3) -> Standard multimedia without GPS

Dan,

Great stuff!

The million dollar question is: has it resolved the issues? (And out of curiosity what was the changelog for that release?)

Paul

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great post, however my car doesn't install the update. It recognises that there's an update available on the USB stick ("New software has been found"), but when I click 'Update Software' it says: "The new software is 0.0MB. Start software update?"

I click 'Yes' and it says: "Software could not be updated. Wait a while before use"

The file size is 158MB so I'm a little confused 🤔

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

15 hours ago, diabolik said:

@SRVO Can you attach the file with the instructions?

I believe it might say to format your usb flash as fat32. 

Hi @diabolik. I didn't have any instructions, however I did format the USB stick to fat32. Perhaps my car just doesn't like it - not the end of the world as I'm not experiencing any issues with the current version, but as there's a newer one available I thought I'd try to install it.

• 11 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, diabolik said:

Hi, how do you download this file? At CAL download after entering VIN number it requires a bulletin ID, what  it stands for? Thanks

5 hours ago, Egidis said:

Hi, how do you download this file? At CAL download after entering VIN number it requires a bulletin ID, what  it stands for? Thanks

bulletin id is TSB BE-0133L-1014 or BE-0133L-1014

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links