Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 1994-2000 rear anti-roll bar mounting bracket for bush - part no 48824-50030

Colin M

Hi All

Does anyone have any new or good secondhand brackets that go around the rear anti-roll bar bushes for a 1995-97 Mk 3 LS400? I think they are the same on the 1997-2000 Mk 4. The part number is 48824-50030.

I have looked on Amayama and Rock Auto but they are not available new there. Other US suppliers seem to be able to obtain them new (according to their websites) but I thought I would try to locate some in the UK first.

if anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks.

Colin

Thanks Mark, yes, I have tried Lexus Parts Direct but they do not have any and, according to them, the part has been discontinued. I have tried Amayama as well but when I did the search it came up with something like (I can’t remember the exact wording) permanently unavailable, which seems to be in keeping with what Lexus Parts Direct are saying.

Ok, Mark, thanks for letting me know. I will try again and see if it will let me do the same. Hopefully if I do order it won’t be cancelled!

• Like 1

Hi Mark

Amayama has allowed me to go ahead and make the purchase this time, which I have done. Hopefully, the order won’t subsequently be cancelled!

Thanks for having another look for me.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 2

Sadly, the order has been cancelled by Amayama because the order is out of stock at the supplier. Oh well, it was worth a try. No response from eBay breakers so far, so may have to move on to Plan B and get one fabricated. I have some bushes on order, so will wait till they arrive and I can see what size the bracket needs to be.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just an update on this. I did have to move on to Plan B and get some brackets fabricated. This may be the route to go if you find you need some. It may, however, take a fabricator several attempts to get the exact profile but it can be done. I have had the brackets made for me fitted to the car now along with the new bushes and am pleased to say that they are an excellent fit. Problem solved.

• Thanks 1

The fabricator I used is Carl Spinks of T.Spinks Fabrications, who are in Maybrook Road, Brownhills WS8 7DG. Carl’s contact details are set out below. 

Phone: 01543 379015
Email: t-spinks@btconnect.com

I have posted up some photos of a new bracket alongside the secondhand template bracket. The new bracket is 3mm thick, which was probably the thickness of the template bracket when new. The template bracket, with rust removed, is a bit thinner now, making the new bush a looser fit. The application of a few coats of paint may make it usable and a firmer fit but the new bush (polyeurethane, part number 211934B, obtained from Strongflex UK) is a nice, tight fit in the new bracket. The last two photos show a new bush fitted to the new bracket and to the template bracket. An additional plus is that the new bracket is made from galvanized steel which will minimise the risk of rusting on the outer and inner faces (although the cut edges, not being galvanized, will need painting).

Brackets_1.jpg

Brackets_2.jpg

Brackets_3.jpg

Brackets_4.jpg

Brackets_5.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am just providing an update on this post to notify members that Carl Spinks (see my last post above) is retiring at the end of this year and therefore will not be available in future to fabricate any of these brackets. He does, however, have some additional brackets that were produced at the same time as when he made mine.

If anyone is interested in obtaining a bracket or pair of brackets, then send me a personal message and I will see if I can arrange a purchase for you.

Thanks ,

Colin