Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hidden functions on IS 300h F-Sport

Hi All

I am looking to enable some options in my car that I'm not sure if my car has them, I would really appreciate it if any one can let me know if my car model has these functions and if yes how exactly I can enable them.

My car model is a IS 300h F-sport 2013

1.  "To Set Reverse Mirror Tilt In The Lexus", I have read on some of the posts that if you have this option you should put the mirror button on "R" or "L"  and it should work. Also people are referring to F-Sport model that should have this function.

Is my car to old to have this function? or is this one the options that you have to connect a computer to the car to enable it?

2.  "Remote key activation of the electric widows" So as I understand this is defo one of the options that you can only enable with a computer, does anyone know if my car model has this function? if yes could you please recommend one? I have the icarsoft cr pro but I cant find the function to customise anything it seems like its only a diagnostic tool, or am I missing something? 

Other recommendations I've seen on the posts were Carista which comes with a subscription is there a model that you wont need the subscription and you can use any time?

I was also recommended to use Carly which cost £73.89 plus £51 to upgrade it for all brands, but the Customization option is in beta. Has anyone used this model before?

3. "Fold mirrors when locking" from the posts I can see your car only has this if you have the auto button next to the mirror, I was looking at after market options such as  "https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000551521228.html?_randl_currency=GBP&_randl_shipto=GB&src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&albcp=9604713100&albag=99283534296&trgt=313429380675&crea=en4000551521228&netw=u&device=c&albpg=313429380675&albpd=en4000551521228&gclid=Cj0KCQiAraSPBhDuARIsAM3Js4puG2LtFm78nGbMgshlvwV7O3mI225Kl-wd4bY9Pmvnj8uZ88alWtUaAvVOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&aff_fcid=94995c4f2bc74611a3f4bfb3ecfadf9d-1642708791687-05996-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=94995c4f2bc74611a3f4bfb3ecfadf9d-1642708791687-05996-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=8bcc414f7e1a4241a21f234aa5af2fea&afSmartRedirect=n" but it seems a bit complicated as you have to switch wires for UK cars, is it possible to get this part from Lexus and install it, if yes does anyone know the part number?

Sorry for the long post, I would appreciate any help.
Regards,

1 and 3 are only available if your F Sport has the optional leather memory seats.

2 should be available. You are correct, you cannot enable this with in-car controls, you need software. Either Toyota Techstream, which dealers use, or something like Carista. If you purchase the Carista dongle you get a month free, otherwise just subscribe for a month and cancel - it is a feature you are only going to enable once.

3 You cannot upgrade to this functionality from Lexus - it would cost £1000s in components as it relies on the memory ECU which you don't have plus different wiring loom. The aliexpress mods don't enable the factory feature, their electronics do the work. If you go for one of those just make sure it will work for a RHD vehicle as most have been designed for LHD.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:48 PM, keeven said:

3. I got the box that you link  to on e-bay and i works perfect and easy install. The box claims to work on RHD   

Hi Kenneth 
Would you mind sharing the link of the particular model you have bought? 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, ColinBarber said:

1 and 3 are only available if your F Sport has the optional leather memory seats.

2 should be available. You are correct, you cannot enable this with in-car controls, you need software. Either Toyota Techstream, which dealers use, or something like Carista. If you purchase the Carista dongle you get a month free, otherwise just subscribe for a month and cancel - it is a feature you are only going to enable once.

3 You cannot upgrade to this functionality from Lexus - it would cost £1000s in components as it relies on the memory ECU which you don't have plus different wiring loom. The aliexpress mods don't enable the factory feature, their electronics do the work. If you go for one of those just make sure it will work for a RHD vehicle as most have been designed for LHD.

Hi Colin

Thanks for sharing the information.

I did buy a Carista OBD2 and changed some of the functions, but I came across the option for "lower passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear" and I have the option to put it on "Default" or "User-Specified". Would you know if this could mean my car supports this function or its just on the cars computer as a default? 

Regards,

Amir

Image 2022-01-24 at 20.38.54.jpeg

1 hour ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

Hi Colin

Thanks for sharing the information.

I did buy a Carista OBD2 and changed some of the functions, but I came across the option for "lower passenger-side mirror when in reverse gear" and I have the option to put it on "Default" or "User-Specified". Would you know if this could mean my car supports this function or its just on the cars computer as a default? 

Regards,

Amir

Hi Amir

Give it a go but I don't think it will work - possibly just Carista not knowing if the feature is supported or not and so presents the option. I'm pretty confident that if your car doesn't have memory seats then the mirrors won't dip in reverse and it isn't just a case of enabling it with software - happy to be wrong though 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For option 1, I'm pretty sure that auto reverse dipping mirrors is only possible if you have memory seats. 

In my case it works on both my 2014 gs300h AND my sons 2014 is300h f sport. 

To begin the process, ignition on or car running in Park, first set your seat and door mirrors to your preferred position and store to memory on button 1, next is to put the car in reverse and adjust the mirrors down to whatever position you want them for reversing and then store to memory again in button 1. If there's more than one driver the same procedure can be done on memory button 2 etc