Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there, first time poster here! As the title says im looking for anything and everything Informational about this car. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Lexus-IS-250-Sport-4dr-SALOON-Petrol-Manual-/363580059458?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Reg: GP07GUE

I'm planning on viewing it soon. 

I reckon based on the mot history and when it last had a v5c etc. that it's been standing undriven for quite some time. 

Side note if anyone is trying to sell their manual navigation Is250s around this price, please feel free to send pictures in here. 

Cheers, 

Francis

23 minutes ago, PCM said:

On Google it says the garage is, "Permanently Closed"? Odd.

Variable reviews for the garage itself.

I did read these. It does make me wonder the genuineness of the car but its not too far a drive from me so I think it's worth a look. If I do end up viewing it soon I'll be sure to update everyone

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cadman2k said:

company dissolved in December.

Not sure you can legally advertise after that....

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12273561/filing-history

I saw this also. The same 2 people swapped the ownership about too. All red flags in ways but they do have some expensive cars on their lot too so it makes me think they're some what legit

58 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I'd treat it as a private sale with no comebacks in case there is no legit company behind it. Therefore you want the price to reflect that.

I reckon from the point of consumer protection they would still be treated as "motor trader" even after the business is dissolved, so statutory rights still apply. As well it is crime (fraud) in itself to pretend to be selling under the company which dissolved. If there are any issues with the car and they refuse to honour it, then I think this would end-up same as Dudley guy case - charge for fraud and miss-selling.

As for car itself - I assume OP knows all the topics surrounding ownership of Manual IS250 i.e. higher road tax (£600),costly clutch/DMF and similar? When it comes to car itself - looks tidy, but very basic spec. Sport was basically SE + 18" rims, cloths seats, not electric, no memory etc. Sure - it has optional Xenon and Optional Sat-Nav, but that isn't really big value items, first coming standard with better trims, second being literally useless anyway. I think price is little bit too high for the spec. even disregarding it is manual which is normally cheaper. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I reckon from the point of consumer protection they would still be treated as "motor trader" even after the business is dissolved, so statutory rights still apply. As well it is crime (fraud) in itself to pretend to be selling under the company which dissolved. If there are any issues with the car and they refuse to honour it, then I think this would end-up same as Dudley guy case - charge for fraud and miss-selling.

Yes I'm sure you are correct, but my point was more to do with looking at this as a private sale - if you are comfortable with buying private and can give the car a once over then don't be too overly concerned with the company status. Yes if there is a problem go back as see if they will fix it, but if not you aren't too worried as you got a good price.

I'm not sure many people want the time and hassle of a court case, whether you a likely to win or not. If you want the reassurance and the benefits you get from purchasing from a dealer then don't purchase this one - find a better dealer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Yes I'm sure you are correct, but my point was more to do with looking at this as a private sale - if you are comfortable with buying private and can give the car a once over then don't be too overly concerned with the company status. Yes if there is a problem go back as see if they will fix it, but if not you aren't too worried as you got a good price.

I'm not sure many people want the time and hassle of a court case, whether you a likely to win or not. If you want the reassurance and the benefits you get from purchasing from a dealer then don't purchase this one - find a better dealer.

Agreed - the company behind the sale is fishy at best. However, there are only two possible scenarios in motor sale, 1 - private individual selling the car where no statutory rights apply, 2 - motor trader sale where they do. I guess there are situations like this where the motor trader pretend to be backed by dissolved company, it is still scenario 2 and technically makes no legal difference for buyer (and load of legal trouble for seller). 

I think it is good spot and OP certainly has to be careful with this trader, if they lie about the company, then they may lie about condition of the car as well. However, company status itself does not limit statutory rights at all, so same rights can be exercised here as it it would be buying from any dealer and it isn't comparable with what you get when you buy from individual. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tam Templeton said:

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't all is 250s come in 3 different trim levels ,basic ... standard ...and optional . This one in question has heated seats + sat Nav so is not basic trim . 

Not exactly, at least what you mentioned are not "trim levels". Trim levels were SE > Sport > SR > Advance > SE-i ~= F-Sport > SE-L. More of less in this order from worst to best in terms of standard equipment.

There were no such thing as "basic", but in each trim there were range of features which were either standard, optional or not available. For example SE-L came with every single possible feature as standard and only had 4 options - Sunroof, DCC, Sat-Nav and ML. 

So - Sport as trim is basic in itself, but this particular one has optional Sat-Nav and ML. As well it has optional for the trim Xenon lights, despite them being standard on better trims. However it doesn't have for example leather seats, memory seats, cooled seats, folding/dimming mirrors and many other things which would have been standard for more premium trims. Sure - those may be minor things, but you really only notice them when they are missing. Heated seats were standard across the range.

I note that car comes with 18 Spoke F-Sport wheels, which is nice extra and upgrade over original Sport wheels. 

• Like 1

Many years ago Ford had Popular (base model), Popular Plus ( base model with a clock), L model, GL model, GLX model and the top of the range Ghia model.

Just as confusing then as now 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I am sure there was a queue waiting to be able to pay extra for clock 😄

Coincidentally there was also a chip shortage around the same time, plenty of cod and haddock but due to a potato shortage no chips.

I’ve been here so long I’ve seen it all before 😀

• Like 3

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

plenty of cod and haddock but due to a potato shortage no chips.

And when they came back the price had gone up, BUT when price of potatoes dropped surprise surprise the price of chips stayed up!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:01 AM, Francis.duk said:

Hi there, first time poster here! As the title says im looking for anything and everything Informational about this car. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Lexus-IS-250-Sport-4dr-SALOON-Petrol-Manual-/363580059458?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Reg: GP07GUE

I'm planning on viewing it soon. 

I reckon based on the mot history and when it last had a v5c etc. that it's been standing undriven for quite some time. 

Side note if anyone is trying to sell their manual navigation Is250s around this price, please feel free to send pictures in here. 

Cheers, 

Francis

if this helps, you might want to check if the installed engine is E10 compatible?