Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Drip moulding

My driver side drip moulding and clips are broken plenty on there from USA, dubai.so will they fit as are LHD cars so can get original ones from Dubai for 100 including postage both sides with blue clips or single from USA £40 no clips . second hand ones are around 40-50 .clips cheap from china around £5 for 10. I'm  sure dealers in UK clips alone are £8 each. Lexus online can get rh drip moulding 63 delivered. So has anyone used drip moulding from Dubai or usa and clips from China.thanks

2 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

My driver side drip moulding and clips are broken plenty on there from USA, dubai.so will they fit as are LHD cars so can get original ones from Dubai for 100 including postage both sides with blue clips or single from USA £40 no clips . second hand ones are around 40-50 .clips cheap from china around £5 for 10. I'm  sure dealers in UK clips alone are £8 each. Lexus online can get rh drip moulding 63 delivered. So has anyone used drip moulding from Dubai or usa and clips from China.thanks

Order from lexusofficialstore from eBay had offer got for £56 delivery included and blue clips From China for £3 for 10 same OEM part number with delivery included order from UK just to be safe as if don't fit then postage cost too much to return.still cheaper than second hand

I got one for the passenger side the other day, think i ordered it the day before you posted, but only got around to fitting it today. old one came off okay, but then it revealed what was beneath 😤 whoever put the windscreen in has made a mess of it, or someone has tried to fix a leak and then just shoved the side piece on afterwards, while it was still wet it'd seem.

I presume it's not normal for windscreen sealant to fill that channel up as much as it has and for it to even be on the front of the windscreen. 🤬So looks like i need to find someone to refit the windscreen or fit a new one.

That's strange James. Those channels where the clips go aren't that close to where the edge of these screen is. Can't you just scrape the gunge out where the clip goes? I'm assuming that the screen doesn't leak.

• Like 1

Mine can be removed quite easily just waiting for clips to arrive then will install as clips are broken too .I did try to fix using sealant but failed as my whole thing is broken clips and drip moulding underneath which fits in scuttle panel. Did change my scuttle panel too as was lifted from screen and was getting full of rubbish  got second hand for £18 delivered in 2020. Easy to change.not perfect but better than other 1 .not sure price of new one didn't even check. 

21 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

That's strange James. Those channels where the clips go aren't that close to where the edge of these screen is. Can't you just scrape the gunge out where the clip goes? I'm assuming that the screen doesn't leak.

Yeah, i did try to upload a picture but it wouldn't let me, but i think someone has used sealant (and a lot of it) to put the old trim on. I'm doing what you said for now, but it wouldn't surprise me if windscreen does need to come out really at some point to sort it all out properly.

I decided to replace the trim in the first place as i was getting some wind noise from the passenger side, and I could see the rubber had all perished, thought it would be a simple job. 😏

• 2 weeks later...

I scraped out the gunk from mine, sprayed a thin coat of some clear anti corrosion wax in there and put the new one on. Took it out today on the motorway and it seems to have stopped the wind noise i had.