Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

FM radio reception with Mark Levinson on rx400h

I've been struggling for a while with poor radio reception on FM waveband on my RX400h on the Mark Levinson stereo.  I'm at a loss to explain it. Symptoms as follows:

1. At some times, there seem to be no problems whatsoever, and I can tune in to any number of FM stations.
  2. At other times, all I can get are some local stations with perfect reception, but others (eg radio2, radio 4) have very poor or non-existent reception.  
  3. MW reception is not affected, and I can always get Radio 5 with good reception.  

I can't work out if there's a fault somewhere, or if I have some settings set incorrectly.  

Has anybody else had similar symptoms, or have any ideas of the cause of the issue?

On 1/24/2022 at 4:36 PM, Delphius1 said:

Have you fitted LED bulbs anywhere on the car? Some of the cheaper aftermarket LED bulbs can cause radio interference and kill your FM reception.

Nope, but I am considering buying LED bulbs for the courtesy lights.  

On 1/23/2022 at 11:36 PM, welland said:

I've been struggling for a while with poor radio reception on FM waveband on my RX400h on the Mark Levinson stereo.  I'm at a loss to explain it. Symptoms as follows:

1. At some times, there seem to be no problems whatsoever, and I can tune in to any number of FM stations.
  2. At other times, all I can get are some local stations with perfect reception, but others (eg radio2, radio 4) have very poor or non-existent reception.  
  3. MW reception is not affected, and I can always get Radio 5 with good reception.  

I can't work out if there's a fault somewhere, or if I have some settings set incorrectly.  

Has anybody else had similar symptoms, or have any ideas of the cause of the issue?

Do your reception problems occur when you have the heated rear screen on?

I had this problem suddenly appear, which the Dealer identified as due to a fault in the heating elements in the rear screen.

The screen was replaced and the interference has not reappeared since.  Worth checking out?

• Like 1