Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

reverse beep = switch off?

Pastore

Every time you reverse you hear that annoying beeping sound similar to the sound you hear when they come and collect your rubbish bins lol.

Anyone know if there is an actually way of getting rid of the sound?

2 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

On a 2011 CT?

I had it on a 2021 UXe loan car and i couldn't find how to disable it. Rather annoying on an electric car, late at night or early morning...

yeah - ive got a reverse camera and parking sensors, why do i need to hear a beep that sounds like a garbage truck lol

On the newer models and the full electric versions, it's now a requirement to alert pedestrians. I'm surprised you have it on a 2011.

Unless you are speaking of the parking sensor alert as you approach an obstacle?

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

On the newer models and the full electric versions, it's now a requirement to alert pedestrians. I'm surprised you have it on a 2011.

Unless you are speaking of the parking sensor alert as you approach an obstacle?

it's defo not the parking sensors

I know what you mean. I think a dealer can turn it off.

I had a Prius that did it before my CT200h. Got used to it in the end. Does seem pointless, as people outside the car can't hear it, only those inside, and the driver tends to have an idea which direction he is going in!

There is a thread on here that claims to have the way to turn it off back 2012, so might apply. Haven't tried it though:

https://www.ct200hforum.com/threads/fix-the-reverse-beeps.119570/

The annoying continues  Buzzer is purely to inform the driver that reverse gear is selected. It is only heard inside the car and not outside, so doesn't act as a pedestrian warning.

Some owners have said a quick detour to Lexus and they can silence it for you so it just gives one beep on first selection.

From memory when I bought my 2015 ct I was able to stop the beep using an OBD device connected to my tablet. I also disabled the seat belt beeping and one or two other things such as auto door locking. 

**update 

Just got back from LEXUS and I can confirm that they disabled the sound for me. Now when I put items in reverse I only hear 1 beep then it's silent till the rear parking is sensors comet on. 

Because I went in for the somethimg else they did not it for free but dont know if there's a charge if you just wanted it disabled. Hopefully this helps other people in here who are looking to get rid of the sound too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get yourself a Carista app for your phone or tablet and a compatable OBD device and you will be able to customise many features as per pages 652 to 660 in the owner's manual. Page 659 mentions the reverse buzzer customisation from intermittent to single sound. 

28 minutes ago, rhosneigr said:

Get yourself a Carista app for your phone or tablet and a compatable OBD device and you will be able to customise many features as per pages 652 to 660 in the owner's manual. Page 659 mentions the reverse buzzer customisation from intermittent to single sound. 

Why pay for something that can be made for free next service? Double WHY: why install apps on phone to let Google and others take all you private date and sell them? Or have a phone without any data in to have all the apps on?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Double WHY: why install apps on phone to let Google and others take all you private date and sell them? Or have a phone without any data in to have all the apps on?

If you're sat there with your tinfoil hat on you may as well take it off John, you're already in the system and big companies already know as much about you as you do yourself. The only way to escape is if your parents don't register your birth, you don't go to school and so on.

It's the price we pay for being born when we were and living in the 21st Century.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Herbie said:

If you're sat there with your tinfoil hat on you may as well take it off John, you're already in the system and big companies already know as much about you as you do yourself. The only way to escape is if your parents don't register your birth, you don't go to school and so on.

It's the price we pay for being born when we were and living in the 21st Century.

And you think we willingly shall give them more info than they have already?

1 hour ago, rhosneigr said:

Everyone to their own oplinion but why not take the car back to Lexus insread of coming on here for advice. 

This is the place to get info not always given by all Lexus dealers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

And you think we willingly shall give them more info than they have already?

Of course we do. 

We are the commodity that companies are selling, not whatever product they make. Without all the data mining and info about us that they already have and continue to get, the true cost of Internet access would be hundreds of pounds per month, but we willingly trade our data for £20-£30 per month instead.

• Like 2

Went to my local dealership Lexus Birmingham today. Asked for the annoying pinging sound to be removed when selecting reverse. Took them 10mins or so. Had a free coffee and yummy biscuits as usual! All done. Now only one initial ping when selecting reverse. All done for free! Plus sat in a LC500h. Dreamt a bit of what driving one would be like but then the wife saw the price!!! 

25 minutes ago, Sled Driver said:

Went to my local dealership Lexus Birmingham today. Asked for the annoying pinging sound to be removed when selecting reverse. Took them 10mins or so. Had a free coffee and yummy biscuits as usual! All done. Now only one initial ping when selecting reverse. All done for free! Plus sat in a LC500h. Dreamt a bit of what driving one would be like but then the wife saw the price!!! 

Good news, I have noticed that mine was never turned on, did I miss much?