Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


MB hybrid battery


Recommended Posts

Fascinating story today from MB Leicester, customer was quoted £15,000 for a new Battery on his 8 year old hybrid😱😱 and that excluded labour at £200 an hour. Just underlines what a fantastic commitment Lexus makes to it's customers 😎

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Fascinating story today from MB Leicester, customer was quoted £15,000 for a new battery on his 8 year old hybrid😱😱 and that excluded labour at £200 an hour. Just underlines what a fantastic commitment Lexus makes to it's customers 😎

I heard from a hybrid specialist that Lexus sells them new original batteries in range of £2-3k.

One just needs to find the right dealer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Vadim said:

I heard from a hybrid specialist that Lexus sells them new original batteries in range of £2-3k.

One just needs to find the right dealer.

I don't think that's quite true.

Someone on these forums has (I think) an IS300h that he uses as a taxi and he did a brilliant write-up of his DIY Battery change. Of course, now that I want it I can't find it but I'm sure he said he paid about £2,500 but that was for a reconditioned Battery pack. There is no catalogue listing for a brand new pack so you just can't get brand new, only recon.

Of course recon units are like new anyway. The plastic casings can be reused, as can most of the metal parts too; the only things that need to be replaced are the chemicals within the cells.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Herbie said:

I don't think that's quite true.

Someone on these forums has (I think) an IS300h that he uses as a taxi and he did a brilliant write-up of his DIY battery change. Of course, now that I want it I can't find it but I'm sure he said he paid about £2,500 but that was for a reconditioned battery pack. There is no catalogue listing for a brand new pack so you just can't get brand new, only recon.

Of course recon units are like new anyway. The plastic casings can be reused, as can most of the metal parts too; the only things that need to be replaced are the chemicals within the cells.

The batteries are spare parts with catalogue numbers (see photo below of my RX450h Battery label). If a dealer tells you that it can’t be procured as a spare part, you need to change the dealer. And you can always shop for the part number online.

 

BTW, I also did Battery replacement myself. There are good manuals on YouTube, the process took 4 hours. I only needed help to move the old Battery out and the replacement in as it is very heavy.

I used a pre-owned Battery of the same age but considerably lower mileage, and the improvement was noticeable.

A12ACBA8-04AC-4B53-B319-010E69C7F70F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Thanks Mark, I have read it now.

The Journalist`s report leaves many questions unanswered, but in my experience over both of the main UK MB Forums the past 19 years, MB Manufacturing, Design and Customer Service has declined progressively. It is now extremely poor and the product does not represent good value for money. There is therefore a healthy industry comprising MB Indies who have often deserted employment to set up on their own.

I have advised MB Forum Members not to buy a Hybrid model and I have steered them in the direction of Richard at Hybrid Battery Solutions.co.uk. who is a Member here on our Lexus Forum. I will continue to do so.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Vadim said:

The batteries are spare parts with catalogue numbers (see photo below of my RX450h battery label). If a dealer tells you that it can’t be procured as a spare part, you need to change the dealer. And you can always shop for the part number online.

You misunderstand me Vadim.

Yes, there is a part number and any dealer can order that part for you, but when it arrives it will not be a brand new Battery pack, just a reconditioned one. 

I'll try to find the original post where I read about this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

You misunderstand me Vadim.

Yes, there is a part number and any dealer can order that part for you, but when it arrives it will not be a brand new battery pack, just a reconditioned one. 

I'll try to find the original post where I read about this.

Richard, our member from Hybrid Battery Solutions co.uk can provide a definitive answer Herbs ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Herbie said:

You misunderstand me Vadim.

Yes, there is a part number and any dealer can order that part for you, but when it arrives it will not be a brand new battery pack, just a reconditioned one. 

I'll try to find the original post where I read about this.

Herbie, apologies. This makes sense.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Mark, I have read it now.

The Journalist`s report leaves many questions unanswered, but in my experience over both of the main UK MB Forums the past 19 years, MB Manufacturing, Design and Customer Service has declined progressively. It is now extremely poor and the product does not represent good value for money. There is therefore a healthy industry comprising MB Indies who have often deserted employment to set up on their own.

I have advised MB Forum Members not to buy a Hybrid model and I have steered them in the direction of Richard at Hybrid Battery Solutions.co.uk. who is a Member here on our Lexus Forum. I will continue to do so.

Sterling advice John as usual 😎. And to steer readers back to the kernel of my post it was to emphasise what an outstanding job lexus is doing in supporting it's long-term hybrid customers, how lucky are we? 🍀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

Sterling advice John as usual 😎. And to steer readers back to the kernel of my post it was to emphasise what an outstanding job lexus is doing in supporting it's long-term hybrid customers, how lucky are we? 🍀

Support the Planet.

Keep your "old" internal combustion engined Lexus.

Say NO to electrification.....it leads to an aggressive depletion of the Planet`s resources and to ever increasing levels of UK taxation !

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Herbie said:

You misunderstand me Vadim.

Yes, there is a part number and any dealer can order that part for you, but when it arrives it will not be a brand new battery pack, just a reconditioned one. 

I'll try to find the original post where I read about this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, peniole said:

 

Well done Peniole sir :thumbsup:

The fourth post down on that page is exactly what I was talking about, so thanks for that my friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership