Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Joined F Club today!

Traded my Boxster and picked up this beauty today; TVD, red leather, sunroof and Quicksilver exhaust. Suspect I will spend much of the weekend just listening to the sound!

PXL_20220128_103537189.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, msdsx said:

Traded my Boxster and picked up this beauty today; TVD, red leather, sunroof and Quicksilver exhaust. Suspect I will spend much of the weekend just listening to the sound!

PXL_20220128_103537189.jpg

Excellent, I'll keep an eye out as I live in Hampshire, without revealing your location what area of Hampshire are you. I had a Boxster S some time ago and loved it.

Congrats! Looks clean. I'm a bit envious of your red leather interior.

Enjoy it. I find it's a well balanced car overall in that it does everything well - looks good, comfortable, has a luxury interior and of course plenty of performance. It's also a really nice cruiser and even gets 30+ mpg on the motorway. And people respond well to it, though they usually don't know what it is.

How are you finding the transmission? That was my biggest sticking point when I first got mine. Now that I'm more used to it and how it reacts in different modes and such I actually do like it. In fact the whole car seems to get better over time.

There are quite a few of us in Hampshire, so keep an eye out.

How does it compare to the Boxster?

Thanks David, I think I'm quite near you, I'm in Widley.

Rob - I'm with you on all that so far though only driven it home and for a quick spin. I had a Maserati Quattroporte a few years back and that got lots of positive comments, pretty much every time it was out. Started well with the RC F - filling up with fuel and a lady came over and said 'very nice car'! The transmission seems fine to me and suits the car in Sport S/+. I'm not sure it would be so great on a track but won't be doing that anyway. The Boxster was a manual and a focused sportscar so I'm not sure you can compare them as they have different strengths. Loved the Porsche too.

Well well well, aint that a sexy set of wheels you've landed yourself with. 

Love the fact its got the quicksilver on it, stock exhaust takes away a lot of the fun. Stunning that red interior on the white REALLY stands out.

😂😅 Ive started looking at the RCF's on auto trader... The grey 10th anniversary one (the interior is just lush) & those track editions.... (Wish they would drop a little).

Nice to hear your already getting some head turning going on. The angles and slope on the front end really make it stand out. 

Yes welcome, there is another white one in Southsea I've seen a few times now but he obviously isn't a member on here.

Good to see that the car is fitted with a Quicksilver already makes a world of difference and makes the car sound so nice on start up, my neighbours even like the sound of mine and can hear it although it's not a close distance away.

Sainsbury's in Waterlooville do Super Unleaded E5 for a reasonable price (you'll probably be a regular visitor) 

Welcome to F club! White with red leather, totally biased but best colour combo 😛

Seems Hampshire knows what cars to buy 😉

The quicksilver is a good addition to release some of that V8 goodness, happy motoring and will keep an eye out for 'UMM' 😆

8 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Yes welcome, there is another white one in Southsea I've seen a few times now but he obviously isn't a member on here.

Good to see that the car is fitted with a Quicksilver already makes a world of difference and makes the car sound so nice on start up, my neighbours even like the sound of mine and can hear it although it's not a close distance away.

Sainsbury's in Waterlooville do Super Unleaded E5 for a reasonable price (you'll probably be a regular visitor) 

Is super a necessary requirement over regular premium E10? 

16 minutes ago, stag74 said:

Is super a necessary requirement over regular premium E10? 

No, it is fine with normal unleaded 95 RON and E10. Although what is slightly odd is that for the GS F, with same engine and ECU mapping, the manual recommends 97 RON, whereas the RC F manual states 95 RON is fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

No, it is fine with normal unleaded 95 RON and E10. Although what is slightly odd is that for the GS F, with same engine and ECU mapping, the manual recommends 97 RON, whereas the RC F manual states 95 RON is fine.

The RCF manual recommends 98 RON, but says you can still use 95 RON with no harm to the engine or driveability. The wording isn't totally clear, but the way I see it you should use at least 98 RON if you want the best from the engine (and the full 471bhp).

For what it's worth, I've been using Esso Synergy Supreme 99 for about 3-4 full tanks now and I do think the engine feels a little better in its willingness to put out power, although it took at least 2-3 tanks of consistently using the same fuel. I realise that this could just be placebo, but there is good reason to believe that running the car consistently on a good fuel will make it perform better because the KCLV (knock correction learn value) is likely to improve.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

The RCF manual recommends 98 RON, but says you can still use 95 RON with no harm to the engine or driveability. The wording isn't totally clear, but the way I see it you should use at least 98 RON if you want the best from the engine (and the full 471bhp).

For what it's worth, I've been using Esso Synergy Supreme 99 for about 3-4 full tanks now and I do think the engine feels a little better in its willingness to put out power, although it took at least 2-3 tanks of consistently using the same fuel. I realise that this could just be placebo, but there is good reason to believe that running the car consistently on a good fuel will make it perform better because the KCLV (knock correction learn value) is likely to improve.

I also understand that Sainsburys buy their fuel locally so would buy the E5 fuel from the Esso refinery at Fawley, not sure how accurate this is but I'm not inclined to pay over the odds for V-Power despite its good additives. Mind you I hardly buy a great deal of fuel these days so I'm just being tight. Sainsburys fuel station is a 3 minute drive for me too. 

31 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

I also understand that Sainsburys buy their fuel locally so would buy the E5 fuel from the Esso refinery at Fawley, not sure how accurate this is but I'm not inclined to pay over the odds for V-Power despite its good additives. Mind you I hardly buy a great deal of fuel these days so I'm just being tight. Sainsburys fuel station is a 3 minute drive for me too. 

Esso Synergy 99 is special though because it's 0% ethanol, unlike V-Power and Momentum etc. https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol#:~:text=Although our pumps,Supreme%2B 99 pumps.

In fact if you don't drive yours much then you have even more reason to use it because unlike ethanol-containing fuels it won't absorb water over time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob RCF said:

Official RC F workshop manual and product specification (the UK product code is USC10R-FCZRHW):

image.thumb.png.7211f998b530f989f3ee160c36d0ff0e.png

image.thumb.png.af38cd782198cc07f4bd9be05fac66ca.png

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Official RC F workshop manual and product specification (the UK product code is USC10R-FCZRHW):

image.thumb.png.7211f998b530f989f3ee160c36d0ff0e.png

image.thumb.png.af38cd782198cc07f4bd9be05fac66ca.png

And here's the owner's manual:

image.thumb.png.599598eef169ae41d40dd870fcdb0790.png

Bit confusing having seemingly conflicting information!

Yes, I'm aware of the owners manual but I believe the engineering documentation more than that. It also doesn't state the 95 can only be used for a short time and you should show go back to 98 when possible - which is normally the recommendation for using a lower grade, so it suggests 95 is completely fine.

Plenty of people here have used 95 with an F with no issue, and never heard knocking, but using super is going to provide better performance (however slight).

I can only use BP fuels (company fuel card) and I try to use BP ultimate where possible, however the additional cost swings massively across fuel stations. 

It can swing from an additional 8p a litre, to an additional 20p+ a litre. Where as they are similar with regular E10, with super its more a case of what they can get away with!! 

I do have to pay the premium cost through my p11d so it is not free unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, msdsx said:

I only ever put V-Power in my 'special' cars, the RC F will be no different...

The Shell in Waterlooville has very pricey V-Power though, I am being a tight git though.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Esso Synergy 99 is special though because it's 0% ethanol, unlike V-Power and Momentum etc. https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol#:~:text=Although our pumps,Supreme%2B 99 pumps.

In fact if you don't drive yours much then you have even more reason to use it because unlike ethanol-containing fuels it won't absorb water over time.

I did buy the Esso fuel for quite some time after watching a video by Bamford Rose, then the price went up and it put me off. I think with the RCF having the two combustion cycles it may be a waste of money. Also I only put a small quantity in each time as I read another article that said V-Power goes off.

Sorry OP if I kicked a hornets nest on your introduction post, hope you are enjoying your car and hopefully may catch each other out and about the area. We will be able to hear each other first I'm sure.

22 hours ago, DamianLEX said:

I personally always use v-Power for my RCF or Esso premium. For savings I have got Volvo S60 d4 (800 miles on 67.5l tank). 

I have a Volvo S90 D4 as my daily, great minds and all...!