Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First decent run with the new ES

beyond the blue

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my second run, my first was from Leeds whete I bought the car, so didn't take much notice of the fuel consumption.  Second run to my brothers up on the pennies, so a up hill and down dale country run, returned 67.3 mpg. I thought that was mighty impressive, just like the scenery.

• Like 3

I'm taking Betsy down to the south coast on Friday - a 320 mile round trip. I'll brim the tank and reset all the figures before I go, then report back. The M25, the Friday before half term? What could possibly go wrong....

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Xjag said:

I have had my second run, my first was from Leeds whete I bought the car, so didn't take much notice of the fuel consumption.  Second run to my brothers up on the pennies, so a up hill and down dale country run, returned 67.3 mpg. I thought that was mighty impressive, just like the scenery.

That is impressive.

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

I'm taking Betsy down to the south coast on Friday - a 320 mile round trip. I'll brim the tank and reset all the figures before I go, then report back. The M25, the Friday before half term? What could possibly go wrong....

I've done that run twice, you should easily see 60MPG+. Traffic does not put as much of a dent in economy as non-hybrids. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, peniole said:

I've done that run twice, you should easily see 60MPG+. 

In eco mode, I got 53 on the way there and 51 on the way back (Excel says 52mpg average both ways). I brimmed her just now and the range says 394 miles. Time to take the Battery connector off for a bit perhaps so she re-learns everything? I've never had a range of more than 400 miles.

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

In eco mode, I got 53 on the way there and 51 on the way back (Excel says 52mpg average both ways). I brimmed her just now and the range says 394 miles. Time to take the battery connector off for a bit perhaps so she re-learns everything? I've never had a range of more than 400 miles.

The weather was warmer when I did the run (first run 20C, second run 12C) and my economy has taken a hit (down 8%) in this cold weather (sub 5C weather) with the heated seats and steering. Are your inflation pressures correct? Don't forget the effect of the 19" wheels.

You can see the much warmer temps and MPG for both runs here