Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Power rear door

I had a  "Hybrid system error" my local garage said it was the HV loom and all the replies I had on F/B said water ingress. I started to remove the boot floor panels to check for leaks, as I was working on it there was a chattering noise and the lights in the boot area started flashing. I disconnected the +ve terminal on the 12v Battery and recharged it, it started up ok but then the tailgate wouldn't open by key or interior or exterior buttons. I left it overnight and it worked the next day. Then it stopped again, I searched and found a link to L.O.C. forum that said you have to undo the -ve terminal then reconnect and reset ECU with tailgate open, as I cant get the tailgate open I thought I would just do it via techstream regardless, that was working fine at christmas but its not working either, not detecting VIM, it took me weeks of fiddling to get it going now its just stopped. I climbed into the boot and disconnected the 12 v Battery and reconnected but made no difference, any thoughts? I have checked the switch in the glovebox.
I searched on this site and found one reply that said there is a small cover that has to be removed and a screw turned c/w ?
Its a RX450 H 2010.

1 hour ago, Colinrdavies said:

Then it stopped again, I searched and found a link to L.O.C. forum that said you have to undo the -ve terminal then reconnect and reset ECU with tailgate open, as I cant get the tailgate open

There's definitely a reset procedure for the tailgate but I'm afraid I can't remember what it is at the moment.

With regards to getting the tailgate open, once you have access into the car get yourself into the boot and there's a small panel on the tailgate itself that you can pry out and it gives you access to a mechanical release.

In the context of this particular problem it doesn't matter whether you disconnect the +ve or -ve terminal. However, as a matter of course and for safety reasons, you should always remove the -ve terminal rather than or before the +ve one. If your spanner slips while you're working on the +ve terminal you could cause a short circuit which will result in many sparks.

I found the lever to open while sat in the back but it still doesn't work when I disconnect battery  to reset system. My techstream stopped working as well so I`m trying to re-install that so I can reset ECU`s from there.

• Sad 1

My fuse box is different to the 1 in the photo, I have the threaded post for jumpstarting the car in it, I found the corresponding fuses by name and pulled them but the system didn't reset. I tried pulling the Battery again it rebooted the system but made no difference. I don't know if its normal or not but I can open and close the main doors using the external buttons where you manually open the tailgate?  Anyone know to reset everthing via Techstream?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links