Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

USB fittings

sim3454

Hi do you find the placing of the USB ports is not very well thought through. I find them in the way if You use them they stick up above the centre consul and you can’t close the cover which sticks up even higher. Yet there is loads of room in the armrest storage, why did they not fit it in there? I ask my local dealer if they could retro fit extra usb and 12 volt ports in the bottom you know the answer was NO and if you do it may affect your warranty ??

Why is it the main dealers can never retro fit anything without it being a major issue?

Have any made this mod to your lexus

43 minutes ago, sim3454 said:

Hi do you find the placing of the USB ports is not very well thought through. I find them in the way if You use them they stick up above the centre consul and you can’t close the cover which sticks up even higher. Yet there is loads of room in the armrest storage, why did they not fit it in there? I ask my local dealer if they could retro fit extra usb and 12 volt ports in the bottom you know the answer was NO and if you do it may affect your warranty ??

Why is it the main dealers can never retro fit anything without it being a major issue?

Have any made this mod to your lexus

Not made any mods but I do agree they look very untidy when you use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree. My last 2 cars, Infiniti's had the USB ports on the centre consul. You could then hide your phone etc and not interfere with passenger sitting position.

I tried to use the USB twice. Tried to update software downloaded for navigation from Lexus internet. Did not function. What can the USB be used to except charging phones etc? That they are no good to anyway, far too little power in the USB.

15 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I tried to use the USB twice. Tried to update software downloaded for navigation from Lexus internet. Did not function. What can the USB be used to except charging phones etc? That they are no good to anyway, far too little power in the USB.

We use the USB to charge phones, and Wife and Youngest use them to connect their phones to the car to listen to music/podcasts/audio books. But I still agree they are in a not very practicable position.

• Like 1