Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My RX300 - steering wobble when driving :(

Hello All,

Just in case someone has any thoughts. ( A forum search didn't show up anything for an RX. )

My beloved but old ( 19 years ) RX300 this morning developed a wobble. Having been out and about, with no recent problems/garage work etc., just as I was nearing home, I noticed a steering wobble. It occurred as I was driving, though I was not braking or doing anything untoward. It reminded me of when you drive slowly and quickly turn the steering wheel left and right. I was holding the steering wheel steady but the car at about 35+ MPH was veering left and right. It did not feel safe, so I slowed down and fortunately was within a minute of home, so drove slowly and parked. The almost new tyres all look fine and the car corners/heights all look fine.

I guess it's steering related? There is a garage nearby but not sure I relish the short journey.

If anyone has any reflections...?

29 minutes ago, CypressPhil said:

Hi Piers

My money would be on a sticky brake calliper. Had exactly the same thing on an IS200. 

You can check this by seeing if one wheel is running hotter than the other after a drive.

1 hour ago, PCM said:

The almost new tyres all look fine and the car corners/heights all look fine.

Check your wheel nuts are torqued correctly, if the wheels have been off recently.

• Like 1

Well...

I'm told it's a snapped, badly corroded rear suspension arm.

The part is on order now.

It's also suggested both be changed. Which sounds reasonable to me given the age of my car.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PCM said:

Well...

I'm told it's a snapped, badly corroded rear suspension arm.

The part is on order now.

It's also suggested both be changed. Which sounds reasonable to me given the age of my car.

At least not terminal!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Barry14UK said:

... I am surprised this was not picked up earlier at MOT, as clearly deteriorated over long time.

And me, given the affect it had...

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links