Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not entirely complimentary review

PeteTP

15 hours ago, Linas.P said:

No, I don't think either, but that is same ideology - "we don't want truth, we don't want facts, we don't want objective stats, we don't want opinions which differs from ours, we only want to sit in our little cult and flatter each other about how amazing our cars are, if we ignore all different cars which may be better in their won way... and if anyone comes as says that perhaps our cars are not the best handling or not exciting... even if we admit to it ourselves, then they are not welcome". 

Not to mention that there were several people who complained and wanted me banned from the forum, just because I said that 300h is objectively not fast car, they were so much hurt by my opinion. So it isn't even just debate, they do go behind the scenes and (insert baby waaa noise) to the site administration 😅

Two words for people who want to ban you or anyone else Linas - Horse Feathers 😎

Here's there founding father 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Not owned, but I had like 5 different IS300h for a day as courtesy car over the years - total mileage combined... I reckon maybe 600-800miles, I had RC300h for 24h test drive where I drove ~600miles and then for weekend - 1000+ miles travelled, I had NX300h for nearly 8 days, again as courtesy car when my RC was fixed under warranty, but didn't do much miles - maybe ~350 as it was covid lockdown, as for ES - I only drove it like 10 miles around dealership when it launched. 

Is that enough experience to to form an opinion? As well driving IS200t with IS300h and IS250 back-to-back and RC300h with IS250 back-to-back... IS250 has ~204HP and 242NM and at any given point, speed and situation it feels more powerful car and it definitely accelerates quicker. 200t pull like a train from 30MPH, but really struggles from the start, IS300h is kind of opposite - it jumps from stand still, but only up-to 5... maybe 10MPH. 

Now for sure I have not taken either on dyno or anything to compare, so be it anecdotal evidence of my bum, but it is sub-200HP car. 185HP sounds about right... 

So the answer then is a resounding no. You drove an ES for 10 miles around a dealership at launch?! That there is why as @e-yes has already eluded to. This argument is pointless, coming from someone with next to zero experience in the car he/she is arguing about, and over. Bum dyno indeed.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, e-yes said:

I think you are just carrying this argument for the sake of argument and is getting pointless to engage anymore !

The point (at least for me) was that reviewers in U.K. exaggerate to a dramatic extent the negatives of the ES where as very similar negatives on the German brands are presented in a different light.

Sorry if that wasn't clear from the start... I always argue (debate) for the sake of it... and I mean why else? It is not like I have agenda, buying or selling ES, have stake in what Clarkson said. I just felt it was surprising people get upset of what I thought was very fair and insightful review, not only about the car, but as well about state of motoring in the western hemisphere I would say.

And I don't feel the points are exaggerated either, because you looking at it with the eyes of commuter, not a person who want's to blast through scenic road in the car, not petrol head or enthusiast. 

As for hybrid Battery, it does not charge anywhere quick enough to maintain the charge if you really drive it at anger... I am sure you could argue that "if you stay within speed limit..." - no I never suggested I would... that is not what I call "blasting through the country side". Is it illegal and some may even say immoral? Yes sure... although we still consider racers who drove their cars overnight to enter races like Le Mans to be motoring heroes. Well you may not consider them heroes, but I do. And what they were doing going in excess of 125MPH on public roads back in 30s and 50s.

So I don't think we have same values and thus we have different view on the subject... Which is what Clarkson highlights - there are people who don't care about all these things petrol heads cares about and for them ES is great car. If anything that is positive, just depends on the perspective.  

11 minutes ago, peniole said:

So the answer then is a resounding no. You drove an ES for 10 miles around a dealership at launch?! That there is why as @e-yes has already eluded to. This argument is pointless, coming from someone with next to zero experience in the car he/she is arguing about, and over. Bum dyno indeed.

ohh... ok.. so I am being selective? Because obviously several 1000s miles in other 300h cars.. that doesn't count?

And yes I know ES300h has the updated version of the same engine... and it is more refined, or car is better insulated etc. That is all true. But where it matter for me... and that is POWER... I am sorry, but 10miles was more than enough for me to understand it is the same. I don't need to hold **** in my hand for a year to know it is **** that I have in my hand. It is efficiency focused engine without any soul and anything exciting about it. In essence "Prius in businessman suit".

At the time I made a comment that it was "least offensive" driving experience out of all 300h I tried, perhaps because it is FWD and it was inherently not capable car, so engine didn't take anything away from experience, but since I have as well drove NX300h and I didn't mind that either. But I did indeed hated IS and RC300h, because I felt cars were good but the engine was what let them down.

Again with the misreading. @Derant said selective, not me. Take a chill pill before you have a heart attack. Kindly stop with the offensive language, you want to hold something disgusting in your hand, that's your own business and has no place on a forum. Also, please go bother (had another word here but throught better of it) some other forum and call their cars something that you seem to like to hold in your hand. Now I'm beginning to see the other side of the banning argument, and don't bother sending me any other PMs.

15 hours ago, doog442 said:

Which really is immaterial in the big scheme of things on this thread. For example your average ES owner probably wants 4 doors, more practicality, lower VED , lower Insurance, bigger bootspace etc. These cars are chalk and cheese, I appreciate it wasn't you but how did an LC or RCF get into this debate. They don't belong on the same discussion other than a non ES owner yet again throwing a curve ball into the thread to try and prove a point. 

The OP's opening gambit was "Hello ESers "  .... not "Hello TossErs" (not aimed at you Arnett) :wink3:

I get that, and even if I was to remove the v8s from my thought process though, the ES is just a pointless car to some degree. It should of been a full EV to achieve what lexus have tried to do with it.

It's almost as if they wanted to release a new car away from the GS family but not really have clear direction. It is quite possibly the worst car in the lexus lineup. 

Hybrids are great but they aren't exactly really mpg friendly, as for the ES, would rather grab a Tesla or an EV6 if I was to remove the v8 mentality.  As per the above mentioned typical Es owner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arnett said:

It's almost as if they wanted to release a new car away from the GS family but not really have clear direction.

You do realize the ES came first worldwide by two years 1989 vs 1991.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arnett said:

I get that, and even if I was to remove the v8s from my thought process though, the ES is just a pointless car to some degree. It should of been a full EV to achieve what lexus have tried to do with it.

It's almost as if they wanted to release a new car away from the GS family but not really have clear direction. It is quite possibly the worst car in the lexus lineup. 

Hybrids are great but they aren't exactly really mpg friendly, as for the ES, would rather grab a Tesla or an EV6 if I was to remove the v8 mentality.  As per the above mentioned typical Es owner. 

Lexus have released  the ES to us as it has been a huge success in other countries and needed a replacement for the ageing GS until they start swapping all models for electric over the next several years. Did you see the YouTube video of their future models recently 

the ES does its job as an executive high spec, cheap to own and run option to the usual European boxes

I see we are now a hot topic, very exciting 😂

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, peniole said:

Again with the misreading. @Derant said selective, not me. Take a chill pill before you have a heart attack. Kindly stop with the offensive language, you want to hold something disgusting in your hand, that's your own business and has no place on a forum. Also, please go bother (had another word here but throught better of it) some other forum and call their cars something that you seem to like to hold in your hand. Now I'm beginning to see the other side of the banning argument, and don't bother sending me any other PMs.

I didn't said you did, but I was called selective - for just picking what I like from the spec. sheet. And here you ignored 99% of what I said and just picked once sentence.

I am so chilled I can't even begin to imagine... I am enjoying debate, just sad that people get so offended and upset. 

Offensive language? 

Why it would be offensive to hold something in my hand - it may have been "gold" under those ****... What?

16 hours ago, peniole said:

Seriously, you think people on here are petty enough to get you banned over this thread? Just wow...

Apparently 

4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Why it would be offensive to hold something in my hand - it may have been "gold" under those ****... What?

Apologies that I thought **** was our offensive language blocker kicking in.

So you think the ES is gold? Perfect, what are we arguing about then?

2 minutes ago, peniole said:

Apologies that I thought **** was our offensive language blocker kicking in.

So you think the ES is gold? Perfect.

I literally put 4 starts there - you can imagine it to be any 4 letter word, but you picked the offensive one not me 😅

10 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

Shall we knock this on the head and retire to the virtual lounge for tea and medals?

PeteTP

This made me laugh out loud ...

I'll brew some Darjeeling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteTP said:

Please, Im not your Darjeeling.

PeteTP

The etymology of the place comes from Dorjeling meaning 'land of thunder'. It is said that it was formerly a place of worship of the Rongs. Couldn't find where the Rights worshipped, 🤔😊

• Haha 2

I don’t understand why people get quite so upset about opinions on the internet. They’re just that, opinions. Some are well informed opinions and others aren’t, far from it in some cases it must be said.

• Like 5

All views and opinions welcome.

Small points but my opinion.

When I had a Cobra Replica I was on the Cobra forum, I still visit but don’t post critical comments.

When I had a Corvette I was on the Corvette forum. Again I still visit but don’t post critical comments.

Now I have an NX and Westfield and I’m on both forums. If I want to go fast round corners I don’t use the NX but it’s still my choice for most journeys. Can’t comment on the ES because I’ve only sat in one. I did like our GS.

Just works for me.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alan305 said:

All views and opinions welcome.

Small points but my opinion.

When I had a Cobra Replica I was on the Cobra forum, I still visit but don’t post critical comments.

When I had a Corvette I was on the Corvette forum. Again I still visit but don’t post critical comments.

Now I have an NX and Westfield and I’m on both forums. If I want to go fast round corners I don’t use the NX but it’s still my choice for most journeys. Can’t comment on the ES because I’ve only sat in one. I did like our GS.

Just works for me.

A replica cobra 😱, now there's a euphemism to conjure with 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I don’t understand why people get quite so upset about opinions on the internet. They’re just that, opinions. Some are well informed opinions and others aren’t, far from it in some cases it must be said.

https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=intolerance

• Like 1

Relax guys, its only about cars and as we all know there are more important things in the world...

Shame they did not bring the ES 350 six cylinder here... It would not sell but seems a great car!

• Like 2

Seems an appropriate time to remind people there are T&Cs related to posting on these forums.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Some that seem specifically relevant:

• Be polite. Treat your fellow members with respect. Personal attacks and/or name calling in any form will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from the club on either a permanent or temporary basis.
  • Use common sense. Do not post for the sake of posting, or simply to increase your post count.
  • Don’t break the law. Don't post about things that break the law, or that might encourage others to break the law.

Abusive, Invasive and Anti-Social Behaviour

The club takes the "be polite" rule VERY seriously. We will not tolerate ANY rudeness or swearing – this includes modifying words to escape our profanity filter. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning, and will be permanently banned from the club after a second offence. Swearing, blasphemy or profanity – again either explicitly or by trying to deceive our profanity filter – will be edited or deleted without warning or notice and may lead to the member being banned from using the forum and / or banned from the club.

FYI using **** will be seen as swearing and posts will be moderated/deleted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

No she isn’t!  Getting a little bored know mate with all this Linas p malarkey. 

Just careful, I think above rules applies to you as well 😅

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

No she isn’t!  Getting a little bored know mate with all this Linas p malarkey. 

Sorry not sure what you mean. Have I missed something?

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 9:23 AM, Mincey said:

I think Colin was referring to "admiring glances", of which Betsy has had many!

I agree James. I like my son who also has an ES.  We have had many “admiring glances”  it is a great looking car, I think anyway.  If I’m being smug and egotistic, I plead guilty.

• Like 1