Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Hi All,

Nice to see some sun at this time of year but it's so low it finds every smear on the inside of the screen. I've spent some time trying to clean it using microfibre cloths, Windowlene wipes , white vinegar etc all to little avail. Does anybody have any advice/recommendations for a substance that will actually remove the grease and smears? The RX screen is so large and steeply raked, trying to clean  it internally  is a real pain.

17 minutes ago, 08ISF said:

Hi All,

Nice to see some sun at this time of year but it's so low it finds every smear on the inside of the screen. I've spent some time trying to clean it using microfibre cloths, Windowlene wipes , white vinegar etc all to little avail. Does anybody have any advice/recommendations for a substance that will actually remove the grease and smears? The RX screen is so large and steeply raked, trying to clean  it internally  is a real pain.

Invisible glass, windscreen long reach stick and the Chris fix YouTube video how to super clean the interior of your Windshield 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Have something like that.

Gave up and let a pro company clean just the inside of wind-shield, was told to go for a walk and come back in half an hour (may not want me to see what they did). 10€. Clear like new. Will probably last another half year before it needs to be done again.

40 minutes ago, Malc said:

I find the inside of my REAR screen just as, or even more so,  troublesome to " get to " to clean 

Malc

You should try the rear screen on the RC !!! 🥺

Well, just spent 10mins contorting myself trying to clean my rear screen and wish I hadn't bothered! At least the dirt film was evenly distributed! Will have to wait until my aching back recovers to give it another go ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

contorting myself trying to clean my rear screen

I've decided an appropriate grandchild might be the optimum cleaning assistant

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Well, just spent 10mins contorting myself trying to clean my rear screen and wish I hadn't bothered! At least the dirt film was evenly distributed! Will have to wait until my aching back recovers to give it another go ... 

I only ever tried to clean the interior rear window in my XKR once 😱. Got in and cleaned the glass OK but then couldn't back myself out 😂. Took ages, never again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

I've decided an appropriate grandchild might be the optimum cleaning assistant

We haven't got any so when said grandchild has done yours, would you send them up north please Malc? :laughing:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

The advantages of having a 5 door car are more apparent now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Herbie said:

We haven't got any so when said grandchild has done yours, would you send them up north please Malc? :laughing:

It's heartwarming to see that not everyone has abandoned traditional British standards! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links