Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally the RX is dead, 14 years of service. Killed by rodent

zoltan666

Had the car from new and done almost 240000 trouble free miles. I didn't use much the car in the last 2 years and was serviced by a local garage. In the last 8 months the car didn't move.
VSC warning appeared on the dash, car was taken to Lexus. Here is the video and the verdict. Some of the faults I was aware off and was going to have them fixed in March when I returned. Water leak was a bit of a surprise though. Sorry here is the video, is protected so I had to YouTubed it. If you have a roof bar is worth checking it.Considering the expense to repair the car (hybrid Battery is bound to die soon) I will take the opportunity of the Lexus scrappage scheme worth £3500 and get a new one. However is it worth repairing? Just had all four wheels refurbished 🥴

It always annoys me when someone filming a video cannot keep the camera still instead of moving around continuously. It makes the video unwatchable. I do wonder if the person doing the filming ever looks at  and reviews  their own video handywork.

Just goes to show the difference between dealer technicians. Very poor quality and nervous tech guy. Blimey your car looks to be in a poor state but being a 2006 car. They're offering you a scrapage value of 3.5k? Unless your heart is in it to get the repairs done at your local garage then take up their offer. Does your car have a current MOT? Does it drive ok? Maybe see what we buy any car would offer but be dead straight with the Info that you give them. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links