Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Be careful with fake ML

Just noticed this car popped in... and as far as I remember this is cheapest RC300h ever:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201241694213

Overall, car quite tired, scratched-up, very high mileage, trash tires. kerbed wheels - so I am sure more experienced buyer would walk away from it anyway... however there is clear "fraud" going on - it has premium sat-nav which comes with decent 10 speaker system, however it does not have ML. It is clear that seller is really trying to highlight that it apparently does, with fake stickers of ML system and several close-up pictures showing it is ML. This is not how ML system look on RC!

image.thumb.png.8c23b74c22f54671027077d62abddb0d.png

Given the state of the boot lid, the previous owner clearly liked sticking inappropriate badges on it. It's the only RC-F Hybrid I've seen. I may be wrong though, it often happens.

Fake m-sport (or f-sport) badges is sort of more common, but this is first time I have seed somebody trying to fake ML... in one hand is not known enough to make much impact anyway, but in other hand it is probably easier to fake as most people would not know the difference.

Both premium and ML has amps, just on premium it is unbranded, and on ML it says ML. Only the poverty line entry level horrible 6-speaker system does not have amp.  

8 hours ago, Mincey said:

Given the state of the boot lid, the previous owner clearly liked sticking inappropriate badges on it. It's the only RC-F Hybrid I've seen. I may be wrong though, it often happens.

Just now realised what you meant... indeed. I am surprised this midlands dealer didn't list it as RC-F 😄

• Haha 1

I was wondering looking at over bits... Painted callipers, RC-F badge... maybe previous owner was "handy one" and bought ML system of eBay from some older car (say IS250) and fitted some parts of it and then felt the need to put the badges on the speakers. This would obviously make no sense, because premium 10-speaker system in RC would be better than ML in old IS250. But who knows.

Because it is not like you can go an buy ML badges and ML generally don't put badges on the speakers, except the one on the sub-woofer in the rear.

EDIT ... no ... I was actually wrong, you can indeed buy ML badges, there is nothing that you can't buy on AliExpress 😄 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001159540957.html

Or indeed the engine... that would be the car on my short-list 😄

I wonder if dealership got scammed... traded the car and owner was like... "this car has all the options - Mark and LeWison audio". But I guess they should have known better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:11 PM, Linas.P said:

I wonder if dealership got scammed... traded the car and owner was like... "this car has all the options - Mark and LeWison audio". But I guess they should have known better.

It's being sold in Birmingham.. says it all😂  

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links