Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone selling isf?

Hey everyone, been here a little while now just looking and reading but looking to buy an isf now, just wondering if anyone was thinking of selling that isn't listed yet, open to any cars, can stretch for the right one🙂 thankyou!

Seems the prices have rocketed down to rarity. Because of a limited amount I can’t  see these dropping. 

As soon as lexus announce they will no longer build the 5.0 prices are sure to increase massively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EP80 said:

Silver one? Do you have a link, I can't see it, unless gone already. In same camp as Donolly....

It’s on Autotrader coming into stock no photos as yet, big owners a norm on these my last one had 7 owners 

6 hours ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

It’s on Autotrader coming into stock no photos as yet, big owners a norm on these my last one had 7 owners 

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed that the pictureless car is a silver example.  What a price... I think the ISF price is topping out at this stage, I bet they would disagree with me.

On 2/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, Donolly19 said:

Hey everyone, been here a little while now just looking and reading but looking to buy an isf now, just wondering if anyone was thinking of selling that isn't listed yet, open to any cars, can stretch for the right one🙂 thankyou!

You say you will ‘stretch’ for the right one, but don’t seem to like the prices or choice available for such a niche car?? So what are you looking for, a 2012 car with one owner, 30k miles for £15k?  Ain’t gonna happen…. You may need to realign your expectations, or look for another car to by.  Just sayin…

2 hours ago, Grey One said:

You say you will ‘stretch’ for the right one, but don’t seem to like the prices or choice available for such a niche car?? So what are you looking for, a 2012 car with one owner, 30k miles for £15k?  Ain’t gonna happen…. You may need to realign your expectations, or look for another car to by.  Just sayin…

I will stretch for the right car but that right car at a good price isn’t there😂 I know all used car prices are rising but some of these are just over priced and will struggle to sell IMO, I know I’m going to have to be patient and maybe lower my expectations a tad🙂

Hi Donolly19

Well I'm sure you know what you are doing, most private owners will accept 1-5k off list with some haggling, but also everyone knows the prices now, and even P/X is quite keen with Lexus dealers.

Good luck finding your car.

A portion of asking prices for ISF's have increased well over the average % seen across the market over the past year, they might drop again if the overall market drops or stay there, it depends on what article you read. That's juts how it is right now I suppose.

Have you looked at the Japanese market? They have gone up a bit there too but by a much smaller amount than the UK and are still cheaper even after the various fees. You will get told the usual stuff about every JDM car being ready to explode once they leave the boat, Ireland is full of them since I was a teenager and its just not the case. The only drawbacks of a JDM ISF I personally know of, are that the dash/stereo will be in Japanese and they have a speed limiter. The limiter is easily solved. If you are willing to go through the effort its an option.

5 hours ago, Grey One said:

Hi Donolly19

Well I'm sure you know what you are doing, most private owners will accept 1-5k off list with some haggling, but also everyone knows the prices now, and even P/X is quite keen with Lexus dealers.

Good luck finding your car.

Thankyou mate, hopefully it's not too long!

I may be selling mine (I say may, as I am mid house purchase, so depends how much cash I need to raise).

2008, grey, with a smidge over 100k miles. White leather, newer steering wheel and PPE catback valved exhaust.

Bought from a fellow forum member about 3 years ago.

I'd be looking for £15.5k to include a service at Cheltenham (due) and new MOT.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, nickisokay said:

I may be selling mine (I say may, as I am mid house purchase, so depends how much cash I need to raise).

2008, grey, with a smidge over 100k miles. White leather, newer steering wheel and PPE catback valved exhaust.

sounds a good deal in todays market, especially with the exhaust.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 1:24 PM, EP80 said:

The only drawbacks of a JDM ISF I personally know of, are that the dash/stereo will be in Japanese and they have a speed limiter. The limiter is easily solved. If you are willing to go through the effort its an option.

Another difference is that the JDM ISF has RHD indicator/wiper stalks whereas the UK car uses the same LHD stalks as the rest of the European models.  I call it a difference rather than a drawback as most Japanese car enthusiasts prefer the RHD stalks (which used to be standard on UK models too).

On 2/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, nickisokay said:

I’d be interested in this if you decide to sell. Send me some details if you don’t mind.

thanks

The ISF might have gone up more than the market average but less so than its peers imho so I still think it represents good value. A year or so ago I was looking at putting in 15k to move to a 4.0 C63 and now that move will need closer to 20k.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, nickisokay said:

Hey I've messaged you privately🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links