Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beautiful SC430

Lexiguy

They say that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and when I look at an SC430 I am certainly a beholder!

I arrived home yesterday and could not resist taking a photo so I could relive the moment again and again, thinking I'm a lucky guy!

20220131_154429.thumb.jpg.ee792ed4a24c0ee85a4ee226fef0abfb.jpgIs that sad or what? Does any one else feel like that?

• Like 4

Cheers Roy

I came home from Manchester top down at teatime over the Pennines on the winding Holme Moss road.

She pulled like a train climbing up handling the corners beautifully, then thundered along the straight flat road at the top before dropping down the bendy section with the new brakes giving me absolute confidence.

I thought wow...what a car!

• Like 4

Hi Ant

I have a gold one or Chardonnay Pearl Metallic to be more precise.
Trim is cream leather with the dark wood.

Had this for about 4 months now, but still cant get over the exhaust notes when it starts up.

Steve

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SteveG430 said:

Hi Ant

Steve

Hi Steve

You have a great colour combo! I met one in Huddersfield a few months back.

20210804_110155.thumb.jpg.81027e92fe99b772080e154c0fa640c9.jpg

I have had mine 6 months and I love the V8 rumble as it starts up!

I am told mine has the ivory interior which sure benefitted from a professional clean.

20210822_112644.thumb.jpg.8f208862e0fffe83ac0d18ee0554aac3.jpg

I presume you are talking about the really dark wood that looks like bur walnut which is gorgeous, I wish I could get hold of a set!

20210901_164633.thumb.jpg.8e0c39e1bfa8b4773e4d67bd43e7a027.jpg

Hi Ant

Whilst the light wood, i believe they call Ash, is nice, i do prefer the darker wood, which you tend to get with the black and dark leather trims.
So  I was lucky to get this combo.

23 hours ago, SteveG430 said:

Hi Ant

I have a gold one or Chardonnay Pearl Metallic to be more precise.

Had this for about 4 months now, but still cant get over the exhaust notes when it starts up.

Steve

Stock exhaust?

I believe that the 3rd cat serves a purpose and without it the tolerances when emissions are tested reduce.

Great video Steve, there are several good ones on utube but few show the configuration.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:11 PM, Lexiguy said:

I believe that the 3rd cat serves a purpose and without it the tolerances when emissions are tested reduce.

Great video Steve, there are several good ones on utube but few show the configuration.

I've never had a problem with the emissions test with 2 cats but yes I'm sure the third cat does make a difference in that regard and only very slightly slows the exhaust gas flow. If it can be relied upon, my first dyno run suggests that's correct. With just the revised exhaust and third cat deleted it showed only a very slight power increase. It felt like it had a shade more mid-high range torque but nothing like the difference experienced with headers.