Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

That's the Canadian plant that supplies North America, the current UK RX is made in Japan.

I hope so. And I asked this question on Lexus website and this is the answer I received really:

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/where-are-lexus-cars-made/

22 hours ago, PDM said:

I would suspect you may have some software bugs but perhaps do not use the function so haven't noticed them.  If you update music on an mp3 stick, I find voice commands of the form "play album X" do not work properly because the system fails to index the memory stick into the voice command system.  Radly.fm internet radio does not work on the "My Lexus" website ether.  Also, albums are played in alphabetical order by the infotainment rather than by track number.  If you do an over the air map update, speed camera alerts fail.   I'll spare you the other bugs in my list!  None of these are insurmountable but I never had such bugs in my previous "Lexi" and, as I say, you simply may not use these functions so have not noticed the bugs.  The advent of android auto and apple car play means may people use their phones to play music rather than a memory stick these days, for example.

@PDM You are quite correct in your assumption - as a total ‘non-techy’ (if that’s a word) I wouldn’t even think of using any of those options! Radio is only ever BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 5Live, LBC or Talksport. All music is streamed from Spotify using apple CarPlay and it all works perfectly.

Map updates? That’s for the dealer to worry about, although using Waze through my Iphone that’s not really needed.

I didn’t even really know most of what you write about existed. So, no bugs 🐜 for me…based on what I actually use. Good catch!

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

@PDM You are quite correct in your assumption - as a total ‘non-techy’ (if that’s a word) I wouldn’t even think of using any of those options! Radio is only ever BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 5Live, LBC or Talksport. All music is streamed from Spotify using Apple CarPlay and it all works perfectly.

Map updates? That’s for the dealer to worry about, although using Waze through my iPhone that’s not really needed.

I didn’t even really know most of what you write about existed. So, no bugs 🐜 for me…based on what I actually use. Good catch!

Cheers, Ed. 

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links