Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autoexpress NX350h review.

9 hours ago, Eggie said:

A mostly positive review and re-enforces the quality of Lexus build. A couple of points which seem to come up in all motoring reviews:

The reference again to the BMW's everyone loves, not if you are choosing to buy a Lexus.

Touch screen, personal opinion if this is better. I still believe the non touch screen system is not only better (once you learn how to use it) but also safer. Never understand why it appears safe to use a large touch screen while driving but not the touch screen on a phone. I feel neither should be used while driving.

The misunderstanding of how to drive a CVT. Floor any car and the engine volume will increase - why do they mention this? Many cars have a lag between wishing to speed up and the car responding. If you own a Lexus CVT you know not the slam the accelerator to the floor, smooth and gentle pressure gets the required result. Every Lexus reviewer appears to make the same mistake.

Overall a nice car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Moleman said:

The reference again to the BMW's everyone loves, not if you are choosing to buy a Lexus

Love the reference to the BMW trim designations being easier to understand - surely they’re just different! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

"; CVT gearboxes have come a long way, but they still can’t offer the familiar stepped ratios of a conventional automatic  "

Do you have to pass an exam in Thickness to be a motoring journalist? 

Will they say the same for the electric Porsches or Audis ?

This madness about Toyota/Lexus hybrid "CVT gearbox" is getting hilarious every time it is repeated. The stepped ratios of conventional gears are actually a limitation not an advantage. The eCVT of the hybrid actually gets the advantage of a CVT without the belt/vane of a traditional CVT.

--E

• Like 6

Have to say, the review in general seems pleasant 🙂 

I tried the configurator and also looked in the brochure and it seems that FWD 350h + Premium Pack + colour of choice can be had under £40k. The only thing I could not find if memory seats are in the Premium Pack or not.

I also saw savagegeese review of the new NX and they don't seem as impressed as they were with the ES however.

Also now, it seems there is Piano Gloss Black as well (even on the new ES 😕)

--E

16 minutes ago, Catflap said:

You don’t even get power seats with the premium pack let alone Memory. 

Though looks like in the latest price list you can at least add them as an option along with the 14” screen to the premium pack on the AWD version. That wasn’t there when I ordered mine, but obviously takes the price well north of the 40K 

I'm not certain, but I think you don't even get manual reclining back seats with the premium pack either.

Although a great vehicle and much improved drive train etc, there does seem to be some penny pinching with the standard spec and within the add on packs from what I have been reading.

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

there does seem to be some penny pinching with the standard spec and within the add on packs from what I have been reading.

Something all manufactures have been doing for sometime now. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:07 PM, Catflap said:

Though looks like in the latest price list you can at least add them as an option along with the 14” screen to the premium pack on the AWD version. That wasn’t there when I ordered mine, but obviously takes the price well north of the 40K 

I saw that in the new NX brochure.  It seems to suggest that the optional Lexus Link Pro navigation package comes bundled with the electrically adjustable seats.  But this isn’t mentioned when you go through the car configurator tool on the Lexus website.  I’ve ordered a 350h with Premium Pack and Lexus Link Pro, but I’m still not sure if I will get the electric seats?

3 hours ago, Simon F said:

I saw that in the new NX brochure.  It seems to suggest that the optional Lexus Link Pro navigation package comes bundled with the electrically adjustable seats.  But this isn’t mentioned when you go through the car configurator tool on the Lexus website.  I’ve ordered a 350h with Premium Pack and Lexus Link Pro, but I’m still not sure if I will get the electric seats?

The price list says “from February” although it doesn’t give a date.  What occurred to me was the price, it was huge so I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get them.  I did try the seats and while the leather is stiff, the Nulux is definitely softer and more comfortable in my opinion.  My mrs only wants one thing which is ventilated seats so I’m stuck with leather.  I got shot down in flames for showing a preference for non leather seats but you’ve got the best in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, Don C said:

The price list says “from February” although it doesn’t give a date.  What occurred to me was the price, it was huge so I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get them.  I did try the seats and while the leather is stiff, the Nulux is definitely softer and more comfortable in my opinion.  My mrs only wants one thing which is ventilated seats so I’m stuck with leather.  I got shot down in flames for showing a preference for non leather seats but you’ve got the best in my opinion.  

Thanks Don.  I see what you mean in the price list now.  The price difference is so big that it almost looks like it must be a mistake.  I certainly wouldn't pay that for them if it's true.

I'm not that bothered either way as I'll be the only one driving the car so once I get the driving position right it won't be changed - I'd assumed it was manual seats when I ordered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 1:10 PM, Don C said:

I noticed today that the Lexus configurator tool now shows the pack as "PREMIUM PACK WITH LEXUS LINK PRO AND ELECTRIC SEATS" as opposed to "PREMIUM PACK WITH LEXUS LINK PRO" when I ordered, so it look like that change has been formalised.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...