Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Hybrid System

I've just returned from a 200 mile round trip from Norfolk to Buckinghamshire and on the outward journey the 'check hybrid system' warning light showed up. I managed to get a slot in the Chalfont St. Giles main dealer and they put a diagnostic test on it and it showed a power glitch, which they cleared and I went on my way. I noticed that when the 'CHS' light was on, the screen showing the power and energy distribution wasn't doing it's job and also the cruise control wasn't working. After it was cleared it all fired up again. On the homeward journey, it all happened again. So as I had booked a service with Norwich Lexus, I asked them to do a diagnostic check and it came up with a fault code P2603, a hybrid oil pump pressure control fault and to rectify this, it was going to cost £1266.63....GASP!! The technician said he would have to run a series of checks to make sure it was as he suspected, that the pump would 80% chance of having to be changed. The part price is £714.00. Has anyone else experienced the same problem. I can get a genuine Lexus part on eBay for £389. But do I trust it's genuine?

• Sad 1

Have a look through the archives - if this is the same pump as found on the GS450h then there is a repair which if done by yourself will only cost around £20 - basically it is a bearing failing within the pump.

If this is a different problem then hopefully someone with a bit knowledge will be along shortly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisermark said:

Have a look through the archives - if this is the same pump as found on the GS450h then there is a repair which if done by yourself will only cost around £20 - basically it is a bearing failing within the pump.

If this is a different problem then hopefully someone with a bit knowledge will be along shortly.

Thanks mark. I'll take a look.

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Just a thought Chris,

There is a new Lexus Warranty document which caters for vehicles between 10 and 15 years old.

It my (or may not) be of assistance to you.

Ask Lexus for the details as soon as you can.

Thanks John. The big problem would be, closing the door after the horse has bolted. Thanks for the info.

20 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I've just managed to get a genuine pump at half price, so hopefully all will be resolved. I don't think I'd trust those axle stands!!! Thanks anyway.