Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

One year of ownership & still loving my IS300h

As the title says I have owned this for exactly a year now & it looks as good as new after nearly 5,000 miles.

The mpg has dropped to low 40's at the moment, but I have had a few shorter runs lately & the weather has been colder, so expected.

It is a very comfortable car & soaks up miles effortlessly.

I have found it has just the right amount of oomph away from the lights & surprises some other drivers.

Looking forward to many more years of ownership.

IMG_4114.JPG

IMG_4115.JPG

• Like 6

I never found any shortage of oomph with mine. As Barry says, there was always a bit more oomph on tap if required. I surprised many a schiessewagen at traffic lights during my short, yet enjoyable ownership period.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of schiessewagens, did anyone see that story about the police being told to abandon pursuits because their schiessewagens burst into flames if driven too hard?! I was pmsl. BMW are allegedly refusing to deal with the issue, as they say it’s the way the police drive them and will not affect the majority of owners. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CypressPhil said:

Speaking of schiessewagens, did anyone see that story about the police being told to abandon pursuits because their schiessewagens burst into flames if driven too hard?! I was pmsl. BMW are allegedly refusing to deal with the issue, as they say it’s the way the police drive them and will not affect the majority of owners. 

Yes I saw that story on Pistonheads. One officer was killed after his car caught fire. 

2 hours ago, ikeja said:

Schiessewagen - Love it Mincey:)

Just in the interests of pedantry, I hope it's ok if I mention that a translation website tells me that "schiessewagen" means "shooting brake"; you don't see many of those nowadays. Or maybe it was meant to mean something else.

I wish there was a 4th gen. Were 3.5 years in and due a change in 18 months. We still like Ares and although We like the brand but don't want the same car.

1 hour ago, Shada said:

I wish there was a 4th gen. Were 3.5 years in and due a change in 18 months. We still like Ares and although We like the brand but don't want the same car.

Yes, I agree it is a shame because I really like the size of the IS, the ES is to big for my needs & the UX too small so I may have to keep this for a long time.😃

2 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Yes, I agree it is a shame because I really like the size of the IS, the ES is to big for my needs & the UX too small so I may have to keep this for a long time.😃

That's why I've kept mine longer than planned - my plan was to get a new IS after keeping mine a few years but when they decided not bring the latest IS to UK / Europe I decided I'd just keep running mine - now just over 7 years old and 113K miles and still drives as well as ever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

That's why I've kept mine longer than planned - my plan was to get a new IS after keeping mine a few years but when they decided not bring the latest IS to UK / Europe I decided I'd just keep running mine - now just over 7 years old and 113K miles and still drives as well as ever.

Yeah but tell my wife that! She's looking at an m4 next and Id really rather not!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CypressPhil said:

pmsl  ??

I loved my IS 300 . We “ upgraded “ to an NX 300 and I have noticed a few things missing on the NX . No puddle lights under the door mirrors! . No green light to tell you wipers are on Auto . What I didn’t like about the IS was getting in  and out , it was a case of pulling yourself out of the car . Also NX feels a much heavier bulkier car , the IS felt more sporty . It’s a shame the new IS is not available in UK . 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, Thackeray said:

Just in the interests of pedantry, I hope it's ok if I mention that a translation website tells me that "schiessewagen" means "shooting brake"; you don't see many of those nowadays. Or maybe it was meant to mean something else.

Google Translate tells me that I have been using double S instead of double Z all this time. Merde!

22 hours ago, route66 said:

Click here for the answer: https://lmgt.org/?q=pmsl

Apologies for the sarcasm John - it's just too hard to resist the internet equivalent of "you should read the manual" when the opportunity arises.

Those that live in glass houses and all that ... 😇

Had mine now since last August. It’s a fantastic drive and has everything I need in such a car. It had just over 33k on the clock when I bought it and it has just done over 35k. I’m in my mid seventies now and don’t do anything like the driving I used to do. 
As a precaution I had my local Lexus dealership fit their Nextbase dash cam (front and rear). A bit pricey but works well and I’m very happy with it.

The service from Lexus people, in my humble opinion, are second to none. They collected the car and brought it back all on the same day. They even did me a quick brief on their inspection of it and phoned me to ask if everything was satisfactory. 

At my age I reckon this will be my final car. I wouldn’t go back to BMW now, which I’ve owned three of.

I just wish I’d had this car all those years ago when we regularly holidayed in Cornwall or Devon with the kids. In those days I drove an Austin Cambridge. I even towed a caravan down to the Lizard with it one week. Happy days and great memories when the roads where still a pleasure to drive on. Thanks for reading this.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Tony1452 said:

Had mine now since last August. It’s a fantastic drive and has everything I need in such a car. It had just over 33k on the clock when I bought it and it has just done over 35k. I’m in my mid seventies now and don’t do anything like the driving I used to do. 
As a precaution I had my local Lexus dealership fit their Nextbase dash cam (front and rear). A bit pricey but works well and I’m very happy with it.

The service from Lexus people, in my humble opinion, are second to none. They collected the car and brought it back all on the same day. They even did me a quick brief on their inspection of it and phoned me to ask if everything was satisfactory. 

At my age I reckon this will be my final car. I wouldn’t go back to BMW now, which I’ve owned three of.

I just wish I’d had this car all those years ago when we regularly holidayed in Cornwall or Devon with the kids. In those days I drove an Austin Cambridge. I even towed a caravan down to the Lizard with it one week. Happy days and great memories when the roads where still a pleasure to drive on. Thanks for reading this.

Morning Tony and thanks for the report. Knock spots off the Cambridge, don`t they ?

Which Dealership are you pleased with ?

Continue to enjoy the IS

11 hours ago, Tony1452 said:

You and your car must be good for another 20 at least 🤣

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Morning Tony and thanks for the report. Knock spots off the Cambridge, don`t they ?

Which Dealership are you pleased with ?

Continue to enjoy the IS

Thanks for your comments. I bought mine from Leicester’s Lexus and they were excellent as have the Liverpool Lexus people. Both firms know how to treat their customers. They don’t give the impression that decent commission is what they are aiming for, unlike BMW. 
id have kept my old Austin Cambridge, all of those years ago, if only it hadn’t developed a hole on my side of the flooring.😂

Cheers!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

You and your car must be good for another 20 at least 🤣

I’m sure that my car will, but I don’t think I will. Saying that, my mother was just half a dozen months away from her 97th birthday when she passed, just a few years ago too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony1452 said:

Thanks for your comments. I bought mine from Leicester’s Lexus and they were excellent as have the Liverpool Lexus people. Both firms know how to treat their customers. They don’t give the impression that decent commission is what they are aiming for, unlike BMW. 
id have kept my old Austin Cambridge, all of those years ago, if only it hadn’t developed a hole on my side of the flooring.😂

Cheers!

Different franchised dealers for those two branches, as Liverpool is Johnsons Cars and Leicester is Inchcape. 

• Like 1

All

Very pleased to read so many satisified IS300h drivers.

I have had a '17' plate IS300h since May 2021 and all I can say is nice car, economical (45mpg on average) but  unreliable (initially), noisy, rough transmission and poor quality .

Bought with 33k on the clock and now just about ready for a service as 42k now on the clock.

Let me down 5 times in the first month but recently it seems to have become more reliable. However, the Lexus moto has to be  'don't leave home without the AA coverage/Lexus assist'.

Also I would not trust my local dealer to repair my bicycle let alone my car. The service manager is excellent but what he has to put up with is pitiful. Hence it will not be going to the dealer for servicing.

Thankfully reading your comments it would seem I just got unluck with both the car and dealer.

Been thinking of changing but what to is a problem.

Lexus GS too big, CT200h too small expecially rear passenger leg room and boot space. UX like CT200 too small and NX ugly!!! IS300H looks nice and is the right size.

May test an Audi A4 for comparison before deciding on whether to change or persevere a bit longer hoping the worst is over.

Good and safe motoring to all

David

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links