Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trusted detailers around Buckinghamshire area

Digga

Taking delivery of my 2022 ES soon, wondered if anyone had any trusted detailers around this area that it may be worth asking for a ceramic coating 

Why not check out GTechniq's website for authorised retailers who are near you. It's a Franchise operation but their stringent standards ensure that any aspect of detailing is to a high standard incl ceramic coatings.  I know there are numerous ceramic coatings out there but GTech's crystal serum light is a great coating which I used on my first ES.    If a professional detailer does the coating for you it is highly likely he will need to check your  new car's paint surface for defects first.   Factory fresh paint should never be coated without close examination as dealers prep new cars in a way that often inflicts micro damage to the top lacquer coat.   Once ceramic coat is applied it will lock in any minor paint swirls, pig tails, holograms etc and all detailers who earn their living detailing cars know they would need to examine the surface first.

Just for ease of quoting a real detailer's issues that are common place,  go to Youtube and type in WhiteDetails  who will blow you mind when you see what he needs to do prior to applying ceramic coatings even on new car preparation.  GTechniq's own website gives video tutorials on ceramic coating applications.  Worth knowing what applying CC entails.

• Like 2

Thanks, found the nearest center is 'autowaxworks' in bicester about an hour away.

Definitely like the look/sound of the Gtechnique serum ultra coatings -  looks so much easier to wash and take care of (which is the main reason I was looking at it)

I agree to the principle of ceramic coatings being a harder, tougher surface and able to withstand the day to day issues that affect ordinary top lacquer coats but remember that ceramic coats are not bullet proof and it is possible to mark and scratch CC's but overall most people I have come across who have had a CC applied are more than happy with the outcome.   A good CC will easily give a couple of years of added protection, possibly longer.   

I opted to pay for the SMART protection too, to atleast give me 3 years of piece of mind from any scratches in the car parks!

I was looking at the other gtech options and I think I'll buy the products for the glass, leather and wheel protection and apply it myself as it's just an apply/buff off procedure and not very expensive.  Will report back when the time comes.. i always hated cleaning the alloys!