Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe an opportunity for a reasonably priced LS600?

Good afternoon all, I was just researching LS prices and came across this LS600 advertised on Pistonheads as an LS460 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12483972

If you are looking for a 600 this maybe a reasonably priced option, apologies if you have already seen it but I thought worth a sharing

PJ

It could well be an import

well MOT history starts in 2020 - nothing earlier

Wind deflectors - typical of imports

Dealers website states 2021 70 plate and (2020 10 plate)??? - whch one?

Why list it on auto trader as unspecified - it will never be found

Lexus LS 600h | Road Link UK Ltd (vcarsdna.com)

This car is listed in autotrader, where no one will find it, and in the car check section it is shown as an import:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-desc&radius=1500&make=LEXUS&model=LS%20UNSPECIFIED

My guess would be that it's an Irish spec car, with an incomplete box of toys (LKA, adaptive cruise)

And as an Irish car it may have had a good hammering on Irish roads!

As suspected

“Good afternoon, 

Thank you for your message. This vehicle was imported from Japan in 2020. Anything else I can help you with today? 

Kind Regards,

Martha

Road Link UK Ltd”

• Like 1

MOT history shows a fail on the first one for exposed tyre cord but then it gets advisories for front tyre wear one year later, we either have very serious tracking errors here or someone fitted a just legal secondhand tyre to gain an MOT.

Not sure if the tyres have been replaced but there are at least 3 different makes on the car so can’t imagine the suspension advisories have been sorted.

Either way not good, very vague description not even mentioning it is an import ( nice surprising insurance premium for the buyer!) and again nothing regarding service history.

The fact it is advertised as a LS460 completes my opinion of the dealer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

As suspected

“Good afternoon, 

Thank you for your message. This vehicle was imported from Japan in 2020. Anything else I can help you with today? 

Kind Regards,

Martha

Road Link UK Ltd”

I wonder if the screen has been converted since most celsiors come with japanese language?

• Like 1

Not sure if these are programmable to change the language and KMs to miles, first MOT states KMs and second in miles which happened a couple of times with my Celsior but the present displayed mileage does tally with conversion.

Just noticed the ashtray, it looks like the lid has been used to stub the cigarettes out!

E51460DC-47F1-4627-9C03-2466BAE942A4.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Just noticed the ashtray, it looks like the lid has been used to stub the cigarettes out!

Luddites :laughing:
It's called Grey Birdseye Maple and is highly valued by the bling-bling crowd.
No, it's not to my taste either. :rolleyes:

why (badly) photoshop out the k from kph on the speedo? I know that if I was to buy that I would have to change that dash display for a mph one to get an MOT over here (or put a crappy sticker on it) I have birdseye maple but thankfully not the Grey one 🙂 

kph.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...