Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WANTED Tartarini LPG ECU 6 cyl. and dash control switch In working order.

Hi folks,

I am trying to hunt down the above for my 2004 RX. The LPG was installed in 2008. If anyone has the above items or knows of possible whereabouts please let me know. This would be very much appreciated. I have 2 u/s ones and have tried to find someone to repair them but without success. If anyone knows of a repairer that would be great. Sometimes they appear for sale on the net but usually abroad which I’m not sure that I could trust. Please note that it has to be a 6 cyl. spec one.

thanks

Paul.

DB1D2D13-F6A5-4E32-A890-0B92BDF965B3.jpeg

D7C6C7FF-DB92-483C-A99D-4973C4B3D7D2.jpeg

80B55C09-8984-4E77-B90F-3836B637089A.jpeg

Can't help with where to find one but two questions:

1. What's wrong with the ones you've got?

2. Why would you not trust any sources abroad?

Tartarini are Italian and the LPG capital of Europe is Poland, and I'm sure you'd be able to source a new one from either of those countries.

• Like 2

Hi Herbie,

The faulty ECU’s don’t power up properly. I had an LPG guy come and put his computer on the system. I bought another one in the hope that it would work but it didn’t. Because the ECU’s are integrated into the engine management system, you can’t remove them from the car even if they don’t work, as it stops the car working. If I could find a repairer then the spare one could be done leaving the car still usable.

The system is old and therefore the ECU’s are obsolete and new ones are incompatible. Buying second-hand from Eastern Europe seems a bit risky and rarely do they state that it is fully functional ECU. 
I may end up having to partly or fully replace the system, if it’s economically viable, or just continue to run on petrol but obviously if a good ECU is out there somewhere that would be preferable and a lot cheaper!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Lex Loofa said:

Hi Herbie,

The faulty ECU’s don’t power up properly. I had an LPG guy come and put his computer on the system. I bought another one in the hope that it would work but it didn’t. Because the ECU’s are integrated into the engine management system, you can’t remove them from the car even if they don’t work, as it stops the car working. If I could find a repairer then the spare one could be done leaving the car still usable.

The system is old and therefore the ECU’s are obsolete and new ones are incompatible. Buying second-hand from Eastern Europe seems a bit risky and rarely do they state that it is fully functional ECU. 
I may end up having to partly or fully replace the system, if it’s economically viable, or just continue to run on petrol but obviously if a good ECU is out there somewhere that would be preferable and a lot cheaper!

Thanks

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought you'd put up the picture of the ECU for identification purposes but that you actually wanted the switch.

In my defence, you didn't specifically say 'ECU' and there are two pictures of the switch, plus, it was nearly midnight and I'd had a few beers :laughing:

I hope you manage to find one - may be worth asking in  https://www.lpgforum.co.uk/ 

Alternatively, I'd give this guy a call http://www.lpgc.co.uk/ He's extremely knowledgeable about the subject and quite often when doing conversions he doesn't stick with a 'kit of parts' from one manufacturer, but rather picks individual components that will work better for the car. For instance, he may use a KME NEVO ECU with Tartarini injectors or whatever. He may be able to suggest a different ECU to go in your system.

Great thanks for that. I do need the ECU and switch as later switches again are incompatible but until I get an ECU that power up I can’t prove the switch is ok, so any known to be working spares are good to get hold of. I have also posted this on the LPG site already but it’s not a very active site as the number of LPG users seems to be very few and diminishing. I know that I have seen a few RX’s for sale with LPG over the years and hoped I might possibly find spares from a scrapped or crashed one, albeit a long shot.

I will try the guy that you have mentioned.

Thanks again.

• Like 1