Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation and internet services

Hamish2015

Folks, looking for some help, my UX connects to my home internet as long as I’m close to the router. This is obviously not any good when you are driving, the menu has Miracast function but I can’t seem to connect, it won’t even select using the curser. The only app I could find is Coyote which I downloaded but it says I need to activate it? How do you guys connect to WiFi using iPhones? What additional functions are available with WiFi connected? Sorry for all the questions but I’m kind of struggling with the IT capabilities, the system doesn’t seem all that intuitive. 

Hi James. You'll need to have your data connection live on your phone, and have the phone transmit a wifi hotspot. You then define that wifi hotspot the same way you defined your home wifi on the car.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, peniole said:

Hi James. You'll need to have your data connection live on your phone, and have the phone transmit a wifi hotspot. You then define that wifi hotspot the same way you defined your home wifi on the car.

I assume that if your mobile contract does not allow tethering, then this would not work.  Being a cheapskate my contract does not support tethering even though my phone does.

Hi James your car recognises your home internet via wifi. When you drive away you lose connection. What you need to do as Peniole mentions is ensure on your phone mobile data is enabled. i connect via cable and the USB inthe centre armrest. I think what your after is connecting wirelessly you need to ensure mobile data is switched onand make your phone the wifi hotspot and connectthat way. This will only be available as mentioned depending what data package you have. Hope this sorts you out.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:34 PM, Hamish2015 said:

Folks, looking for some help, my UX connects to my home internet as long as I’m close to the router. This is obviously not any good when you are driving, the menu has Miracast function but I can’t seem to connect, it won’t even select using the curser. The only app I could find is Coyote which I downloaded but it says I need to activate it? How do you guys connect to WiFi using iPhones? What additional functions are available with WiFi connected? Sorry for all the questions but I’m kind of struggling with the IT capabilities, the system doesn’t seem all that intuitive. 

Hi James,

Just to add to the comments of others here, as you have a 2021 UX I would imagine you have a built in WiFi hotspot in the vehicle that you can use instead of your phone. This is the same box that provides the info to the Lexus link application.

On my RX the details to connect to it (WiFi network name and password) are on a sticker on the passenger door side of the glove box (open the glove box to see it).  

Assuming it exists you can then buy a daya subscription from Lexus.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links