Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decisions decisions

george72

I have had my es300h f sport now for exactly 6 months. I really like it but don't love it because the ride is a little harsh. I have speculatively enquired about cost to change to a new  premium edition and surprisingly my car is now worth about 2k more than what I paid. I can get the premium edition for 35k with the cost to change from a 2019 to a 2022 for about 4k. I know I won't have memory seats or auto folding mirrors but is there anything else I need to be mindful of? The dealer is going to call me back tomorrow so any pearls of wisdom appreciated. 

My car has only 8k miles and in mint condition. 

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

I believe the prices will be going up again in about 10 days time, so make your decision quick

Not sure about how the price rise will go but the Premium Edition using Carwow can be had for £31,690. Not the more expensive and confusingly named Premium Pack but the one up from the base Premium Edition. Which is very good value. In Nov 2021 I ordered mine for that price. Do not pay too much for one especially considering the long waits.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Not sure about how the price rise will go but the Premium Edition using Carwow can be had for £31,690. Not the more expensive and confusingly named Premium Pack but the one up from the base Premium Edition. Which is very good value. In Nov 2021 I ordered mine for that price. Do not pay too much for one especially considering the long waits.

The cheapest £35052! This is for a premium edition in metallic paint. No other extras

I know how you feel wrt to harsh riding, I took an ES F=sport for a test drive and on Scottish roads (lets blame these not the car) it was very disappointing, any pothole, joints all were shuddering the car, I have no idea why they offer F-Sport as a demonstrators as Lexus is not about harsh and crashy ride! I liked the seats though and it does look nice, very nice!

2 minutes ago, e-yes said:

How about a used Takumi ?

— E

Difficult to justify ved. Not sure they represent good value for money as an overall package. Used prices of the takumi are astranomical 

Agree on the VED 😕 

Found this one though, seems like OK in terms of price though. The colour may not work for everyone though.

image.thumb.png.634404e7fae228444d6e53fbdff0310a.png

Also, there are some older Premium Packs as well. They will be under the VED threshold and get you the Memory Seats too.

(Sorry, just had my coffee and opened LOC website… ideas are floating :))

HTH,

—E

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, e-yes said:

Agree on the VED 😕 

Found this one though, seems like OK in terms of price though. The colour may not work for everyone though.

image.thumb.png.634404e7fae228444d6e53fbdff0310a.png

Also, there are some older Premium Packs as well. They will be under the VED threshold and get you the Memory Seats too.

(Sorry, just had my coffee and opened LOC website… ideas are floating :))

HTH,

—E

Not a bad price for a takumi. However the colour and significant cost to change is a problem. The premium edition appears to represent much better value for money. I may bite the bullet at 35k even though I would have to source a car for 6 months in the interim! 

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

How about changing the tyres:

Yes a thought.. But I am now swaying towards changing to another car simply because the cost to change is doable and the idea of owning a brand new car which I have never had. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, george72 said:

The cheapest £35052! This is for a premium edition in metallic paint. No other extras

you can get one for £31350 without metallic , including the £2000 deposit allowance.

Run a quote on carwow and see what the best offer is .

3 minutes ago, PaulD68 said:

you can get one for £31350 without metallic , including the £2000 deposit allowance.

Run a quote on carwow and see what the best offer is .

Ah. OK. 

I was looking at cash price only. I am not looking for a finance package, I just don't understand it! I have herd of people taking the package and then settling finance after the first payment? What do you think? 

1 minute ago, george72 said:

Ah. OK. 

I was looking at cash price only. I am not looking for a finance package, I just don't understand it! I have herd of people taking the package and then settling finance after the first payment? What do you think? 

Take it on finance to get the additional £2000 off ,  then pay it back asap. 

I would check with Lexus finance how quickly you can repay the loan without them trying to recover the £2000 deposit allowance. 

If you have to make 1 payment , you will still be much better off than paying cash, as you would only pay a small amount of interest , certainly a lot less than the £2000 deposit allowance theyve given you.

55 minutes ago, PaulD68 said:

Take it on finance to get the additional £2000 off ,  then pay it back asap. 

I would check with Lexus finance how quickly you can repay the loan without them trying to recover the £2000 deposit allowance. 

If you have to make 1 payment , you will still be much better off than paying cash, as you would only pay a small amount of interest , certainly a lot less than the £2000 deposit allowance theyve given you.

I intended paying cash for mine but went for the finance option after doing the maths. I went for paying the biggest deposit possible, which was funded by my part exchange with the remainder of the part exchange being paid into my bank account. I went for the largest monthly payments over the shortest time to get the interest rate to the lowest possible. There is nothing stopping you paying it of after 1 month and you will not loose the 2K discount. The dealership will loose their commission if it is paid back before 6 payments have been made, they also get a black mark (whatever that means) from Lexus finance. If I pay it off after 6 payments I will have paid just over £300 in interest Thus saving almost £1700. Even if I let the finance run for the full 2 years I will still have only paid £1730 interest, thus still making a saving. I will make a decision shortly on when to settle.

• Thanks 3

I paid off my finance the day I took ownership last year. The one problem I had was speaking to right person at Toyota finance to do so. I will do the same with my new ES arriving next month. Why you can’t get the same discount with out finance is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

I paid off my finance the day I took ownership last year. The one problem I had was speaking to right person at Toyota finance to do so. I will do the same with my new ES arriving next month. Why you can’t get the same discount with out finance is beyond me.

For information only, when signing up for the finance they have to tell you (and they did) that you are entitled to ask the dealer for the commission they receive on the deal, so l did and it was £220. Like you say why they do the discount this way is a mystery.

For £31,690 with metallic paint it is quite a good amount of car for the money. Crazy not to take the finance. I plan to pay it off immediately but you have to pay 52 days worth of interest was told by the dealer. No need to pay anything close to £35k.

• Thanks 1

Would they still give me the 31k for my part exchange  if I went for the finance option at 31690.please forgive my ignorance but I have never bought anything on finance. 

It all just seems to good to be true

1 hour ago, george72 said:

Ah. OK. 

I can only echo what others have said take the finance and get the incentive. It's easy, the rate is fixed, they will do all the paperwork. You make one payment and then a settlement figure which will include interest. Settling is easy, its one phone call to Lexus finance. They're very good, no pressure, no questions asked, no hard sale to keep the finance going and you can do it by debit card.

Like others I always buy on finance and pay it off if there's an incentive. Even used you will often get a better deal, not such a large incentive per se but often more money off the screen price for example. I'm afraid cash isn't king any more. Beware as some unscrupulous sales folk will say its six months of payments - not true.  

• Thanks 1

Sorry I do not know about the part ex, but not sure why it would differ. Looks like prices have moved slightly from when I bought it last year. As Carwow prices are dynamic and update constantly. If I log in these are the offers as of today:Carwow.thumb.JPG.2bdc772a1328a187d87cdb6b7a1fbbee.JPG

5 minutes ago, doog442 said:

I can only echo what others have said take the finance and get the incentive. It's easy, the rate is fixed, they will do all the paperwork. You make one payment and then a settlement figure which will include interest. Settling is easy, its one phone call to Lexus finance. They're very good, no pressure, no questions asked, no hard sale to keep the finance going and you can do it by debit card.

Like others I always buy on finance and pay it off if there's an incentive. Even used you will often get a better deal, not such a large incentive per se but often more money off the screen price for example. I'm afraid cash isn't king any more. Beware as some unscrupulous sales folk will say its six months of payments - not true.  

Salesmen say that because they loose their commission if it is paid off before 6 months. You can pay it off whenever you like. Your right's have change a lot over the last few years. 

5 hours ago, Cs150 said:

Sorry I do not know about the part ex, but not sure why it would differ. Looks like prices have moved slightly from when I bought it last year. As Carwow prices are dynamic and update constantly. If I log in these are the offers as of today:Carwow.thumb.JPG.2bdc772a1328a187d87cdb6b7a1fbbee.JPG

Wow, it is now about £1500 cheaper than when I got mine back in October, and it has had a price rise this year as well 

I also got mine price matched through Carwow 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links