Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX battery issue

Hi all, I had not been driving for 3 weeks and could not start my 2019 Takumi. Called Lexus assist who sent a breakdown truck and the guy gave the Battery a quick boost and left. I trickle charged it for half a day but I now have a message that the park assist is unavailable.  Is there a reset button of it it a long drive to my nearest Lexus dealer?  Grateful for any advice.

Hi Colin, after getting the flat 12v Battery on my UXe Takumi sorted, I had the same message as you and found that after driving it for no more than a mile or so, it  disappeared. After returning home and putting the car in the garage, the rear sensors sounded so I had confidence that things were back to normal. I think the car may reset it automatically but needs a short drive to do so. I hope this helps.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin16154 said:

Hi all, I had not been driving for 3 weeks and could not start my 2019 Takumi.

You need to get yourself one of these jump start battery packs.

I've had one similar to this (mine's a Tacklife T8) for a couple of years and never needed it for my own car as it gets plenty of use. However, I've used it six times now for other people and it works brilliantly well. And I've only charged it once; didn't even really need it but I was just erring on the side of caution.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colin16154 said:

Hi all, I had not been driving for 3 weeks and could not start my 2019 Takumi. Called Lexus assist who sent a breakdown truck and the guy gave the battery a quick boost and left. I trickle charged it for half a day but I now have a message that the park assist is unavailable.  Is there a reset button of it it a long drive to my nearest Lexus dealer?  Grateful for any advice.

There is an initialisation section at the end of the owners manual stating what systems need to be initialised after the 12v Battery is disconnected/discharged/replaced. For the parking assist it refers you to the navigation manual which states:

Parking assist Error:

Cause

•   12-volt Battery has been reinstalled.

•   The steering wheel has been moved while the 12- volt Battery was being rein- stalled.

•   12-volt Battery power is low.

•   The steering sensor has been reinstalled.

•   There is a malfunction in the signals being output by the steering sensor.

Solution:

Stop the vehicle, and turn the steering wheel as far as it will go to the left and right.

If this does not resolve the symptom, have the vehicle inspected by any authorized Lexus retailer or Lexus autho- rized repairer, or any reliable repairer.

• Like 2

Had a few flat batteries with various Toyota and Lexus hybrids (and now my UX 300e). Usually jump starting cleared the warning messages but some times it took extra time in ready more to get enough charge into the 12volt Battery to clear all the warning messages, which took a few days with my usual short journeys or just sitting in car. Can only conclude that some parts of the system are more sensitive to the actual voltage than others.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links