Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fold mirrors when locking after market option

OK from the issues you describe it looks like the pink wire needs moved to sort the lock in one press issue. 

The white wire is for acc+ if your having problems with the mirrors closing while the car is on this wire will require moving. 

OK from the issues you describe it looks like the pink wire needs moved to sort the lock in one press issue. 

The white wire is for acc+ if your having problems with the mirrors closing while the car is on this wire will require moving. 

Was this a rhd car On the above picture with the wire plugged into the door lock? Rhd car should have a thicker red wire going to the door lock and this is the wire you would link the pink wire to. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shada said:

Was this a rhd car On the above picture with the wire plugged into the door lock? Rhd car should have a thicker red wire going to the door lock and this is the wire you would link the pink wire to. 

Thanks Shada. The photo of the plug in the door with the scruffy writing was supplied by the seller, so chances are could well be LHD instead of RHD. I’ll adjust mine to align pink to red before I install (and find the spare time to do so!). The acc+ I’ll only cut if I have unexpected folding issues when driving. Appreciate all the help! Amir let us know how you get on if you adjust too.

Sorry misread:

The white wire is for acc+ if your having problems with the mirrors closing while the car is on this wire will require moving. 

So when you state “moving” is that removing or you mean moving to a different pin?

18 minutes ago, Maxz said:

Sorry misread:

The white wire is for acc+ if your having problems with the mirrors closing while the car is on this wire will require moving. 

So when you state “moving” is that removing or you mean moving to a different pin?

Correct. As I've no access to lhd car I can't tell if it will be on the same pin or not.

But if they told when the car locks while driving the white acc+ wire will be the issue.

12 hours ago, Shada said:

Correct. As I've no access to lhd car I can't tell if it will be on the same pin or not.

But if they told when the car locks while driving the white acc+ wire will be the issue.

Mine is RHD too. Will install it leaving white wire (ACC+) as is, if I have the folding issue whilst driving will try and work where to move the white to. Thanks again for all the guidance.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:11 PM, Maxz said:

Thanks Shada, Amir please post too if your layout is different to the one I received:

A9FA786D-C8F3-4CBA-9B1C-FA057270DE8E.jpeg

C6C67FC0-4778-4C49-88EA-590B4F3C33BD.jpeg

785CC28E-00BC-47CF-B978-3BD79405DBD3.jpeg

E56CDC89-2FF2-48D7-BC50-B3986D21176F.jpeg

9C1D789D-1A7D-4EDD-9AC0-8DB5E7048F99.jpeg

Hi Max

I am making progress but the communication with the seller is hard as they are not very good at explaining and the time difference 

Could you please take a picture of 1, 2 and 4 so I can exactly see each wire and draw a diagram and send it to them, so they can explain it better?
I can share everything once its all done.

Heads.jpeg

1, 2 and 3 done, will do 4 and 5 tomorrow, too tedious to do in one go! 🤪

NOTE:  diagrams are as per supplied instructions for plug 4 from the seller, from the rear of the plug as the wires go in, not from the pins side.

D2B9CCA4-0788-41F7-8BC8-25D0963BF078.jpeg

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

This seems a lot of work just to shut the windows automatically. Is it worth all this effort?

It's not to shut the window it's to automatically fold the mirrors. And yes it's worth it if you see the cost to replace one if some scrote bashes it off

11 hours ago, Shada said:

It's not to shut the window it's to automatically fold the mirrors. And yes it's worth it if you see the cost to replace one if some scrote bashes it off

Sorry I meant to fold the mirrors, are you adding motors to the mirrors, if not then I assume they can fold already? There must be button for this, use it when you leave the car, mirror folded. That's what I meant by all this effort. Personal choice of course, but seems a lot of effort for very little result.

Amir, best of luck, stock wire locations as below. See where you get and worst case if still no luck maybe I can plot the wiring too between the plugs. The seller should be able just to move the colour blocks around on the image using Mspaint to show where for RHD they should go (to fold on one click and also not fold whilst driving).

2BFCA0B5-8FFF-412D-9588-2F9FAF880092.jpeg

Update:

I've installed the device this morning.  Takes about 30 minutes and it's a bit of hassle to fit it in the door.   But once installed it all works fine.  But yeah, I am blessed with a LHD car so perhaps that's my luck, it seems I don't have to switch wires.

7 hours ago, Maxz said:

Amir, best of luck, stock wire locations as below. See where you get and worst case if still no luck maybe I can plot the wiring too between the plugs. The seller should be able just to move the colour blocks around on the image using Mspaint to show where for RHD they should go (to fold on one click and also not fold whilst driving).

2BFCA0B5-8FFF-412D-9588-2F9FAF880092.jpeg

Thanks Max, that's very helpful, I have sent them to seller and will share what he has to say 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Moleman said:

Sorry I meant to fold the mirrors, are you adding motors to the mirrors, if not then I assume they can fold already? There must be button for this, use it when you leave the car, mirror folded. That's what I meant by all this effort. Personal choice of course, but seems a lot of effort for very little result.

Moleman,

This is completely optional. As I stated in the first post the item works without any changes and the issue we are trying to solve is minor, however changing cables isn't time consuming, its to know which cable and once we know this from the seller we can share it with everyone here and whoever is interested doesn't have to repeat the same process. That is only if you want to make sure it works perfect.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 11:21 PM, Shada said:

Shada, we’ll see if Amir gets anything clear back from the seller, but if not for the one click fold... looking at the Lexus engineering diagram of the lock pin-out (I believe is for RHD front lock), which appears to be a mirror image of my “wires in” diagram from the socket numbered (1), this seems to match what you say about moving pink next to orange. From the instructions that came with the cable pink is the “12v when locking” signal, so needs to be moved to align with pin-out number 2 on the lock socket diagram (remembering the two diagrams below are mirrored, based on the location of the brown earth “E” wire in relation to the lock “L” aka pink and unlock “UL” aka orange). Long winded explanation I know, hope it makes sense? 

The one I’m still not sure on is what to do with the white cable to prevent folding when driving, when the owner has the lock doors at low speed/standstill option on.

469757A8-E87B-401E-AEBD-FD2136451CA5.jpeg

1FE8A74C-87A3-4A87-A877-6A8892247812.jpeg

I wonder if you're not making it all too difficult Max. As Amir writes in his very first post in this topic: "Also as the ad mentions you might need to change some connectors for UK, I connected mine without needing to change anything". Is there any reason to think it wouldn't work?
Of course I also had my questions and doubts, but I just installed the device last week and it works fine. No folding mirrors when driving away (my doors lock automatically), no buttons that need to be pressed twice, it just works like a charm.
If I were you I would just install it, it's only a 30 minute job.  If any problems arise you can always investigate if rewiring is needed.

3 hours ago, John Nooij said:

I wonder if you're not making it all too difficult Max. As Amir writes in his very first post in this topic: "Also as the ad mentions you might need to change some connectors for UK, I connected mine without needing to change anything". Is there any reason to think it wouldn't work?
Of course I also had my questions and doubts, but I just installed the device last week and it works fine. No folding mirrors when driving away (my doors lock automatically), no buttons that need to be pressed twice, it just works like a charm.
If I were you I would just install it, it's only a 30 minute job.  If any problems arise you can always investigate if rewiring is needed.

Hi John, we’re not so lucky as you LHD owners who can simply plug and play. Signals are a different layout on RHD, in the Lexus engineering guide LHD vs RHD have different pin-out diagrams for the drivers side lock/control panel. Even the seller states two wires need adjusting per below.

47EEF18E-723F-412F-AC2D-EA574995DF19.jpeg

Yes, I'm aware of my luck having a LHD car 😉.

But I believe Amir has an RHD car and he wrote it worked without adaption.  And because the seller states "maybe need to adjust" you're not sure it this is really needed.  Well, like I said: I would just try it.  If it fails you're wasting at most 30 minutes of your time, I assume you don't blow up your car.

By the way, I found a very helpful YT-video that very clearly shows how to unmount the door cover (first 4 minutes).

The car in the video is an IS250 but the cover construction is comparable with an IS300h.  This video was very helpful for me.  To install the device you don't even have to disconnect the two mechanical cables you see at about 4:00 (at least I didn't).

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:35 PM, Maxz said:

Shada, we’ll see if Amir gets anything clear back from the seller, but if not for the one click fold... looking at the Lexus engineering diagram of the lock pin-out (I believe is for RHD front lock), which appears to be a mirror image of my “wires in” diagram from the socket numbered (1), this seems to match what you say about moving pink next to orange. From the instructions that came with the cable pink is the “12v when locking” signal, so needs to be moved to align with pin-out number 2 on the lock socket diagram (remembering the two diagrams below are mirrored, based on the location of the brown earth “E” wire in relation to the lock “L” aka pink and unlock “UL” aka orange). Long winded explanation I know, hope it makes sense? 

The one I’m still not sure on is what to do with the white cable to prevent folding when driving, when the owner has the lock doors at low speed/standstill option on.

469757A8-E87B-401E-AEBD-FD2136451CA5.jpeg

1FE8A74C-87A3-4A87-A877-6A8892247812.jpeg

If you have folding while driving issues it's the white acc+ wire to move. I took my acc+ link from a fine grey wire on the window switch. 

You can test it switches with the accessory mode with a test lamp. 

If you are up for cutting the plugs off your kit and tapping into your own door loom i can tell you what wires to go where.

sadly I'm too dislexic to read them pin diagrams with plugs in mirror image without the kit and car in front of me. Its really not difficult to wire it would have just been nicer if it was plug and play. 

Give it a go and see what works and take it from there. 

Or if you aren't confident post the whole kit to me and il modify the kit and test it on my own car and post it back to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shada said:

Or if you aren't confident post the whole kit to me and il modify the kit and test it on my own car and post it back to you. 

Lexus owner gold star service. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Shada for all your knowledge and advice on this. The detail on the thin grey wire very useful. Will adjust the wires and fit when I have some time during Easter. Once all is done and hopefully works according to plan, will post a stand-alone guide, save any future purchasers of the cable from a long read. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All
So I finally had time to go play with the wires, the seller was telling me this change would resolve the double click issue

image.jpeg.c2df57c285a77026d64c40a8f2b801b3.jpeg

I did try to change it and I had the key for it as well, I managed to take the pin next to the orange wire out easily, but I think I pushed too hard on the pink one and damaged it

image.thumb.jpeg.69dacf79c8c0126e4c9f8d294a48f95d.jpeg

So I couldn't take it out anymore, if anyone else wants to have a go and see if it resolves the issue, I would apricate it if you could let me know as well, then ill just cut the wires and change them if it resolves the issue.