Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy Refurb

jaybo

does anybody know of any 'DECENT' company who can refurbish my GS alloys in the N/West

when i mean refurbish i mean: sort the curbing marks out

re-paint the inners

mirror polish the face

then powder coat the wheel in clear to finish

you help in this matter would be appreciated as a previous 'cowboy outfit' has made a complete F##K up of them...............

I was speaking to Lexus Sheffield yesterday and they were saying that they could organise a swap of the alloys for me for about £80ish a rim - the new one's come from Prestige / Pristine (whichever one is in Milton Keynes) and they look great. that was for the IS though so may be worth asking them about the GS rims. the guy to speak to is called Gary who works in Service. He's there today so give him a call..

He's advised me to wait until I need new rubber and get it all done at once which I think was a good call.

I was speaking to Lexus Sheffield yesterday and they were saying that they could organise a swap of the alloys for me for about £80ish a rim - the new one's come from Prestige / Pristine (whichever one is in Milton Keynes) and they look great. that was for the IS though so may be worth asking them about the GS rims. the guy to speak to is called Gary who works in Service. He's there today so give him a call..

He's advised me to wait until I need new rubber and get it all done at once which I think was a good call.

could allways go direct to prestine

i think zee might be able to give more details :zee:

as he has recently used them

:)

Just given my car the once over (garages never get them as clean as Megiuars!) and my alloys are starting to go now (bought the car used 6 months ago but it looks like they painted the wheels and didn't actually refurbish them which is a bummer).

Mighty tempting to risk it and buy a set off eBay but you don't know if they're gonna do the same :(

I'm going to use the one that Chris Shipley used, can't remember which but they do a fantastic job.

Chris Shipley has used one of them and they are great, I'm going to get mine swapped within the next 6 months when they start to get worse (they're just starting to go but they were supposed to have been refurbed when I picked the car up from the dealers but they were just painted over and they've started to go again - guess they didn't lacquer them properly?)

Will ask Chris later which one it was he used.