Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buzzing noise when turning left Lexus GS 430 2001

Hello there, recently when i start turning left my brake pedal is vibrating slightly and i'm getting that buzzing noise. I believe that should be a ABS sensor, but i don't have any warning lights on the dash. The noise comes only when i'm steering to e certain angle only, it doesn't come every time, but is annoying. Did anyone had problem like this in the pass, since i have no warning lights, i don't know if is actually the ABS sensor it self or something else. The noise comes only when i'm steering left and only when i'm keeping the brake pedal. If i slow down and then turn left without braking the noise doesn't come up. Any help will be helpful.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Myro said:

Hello there, recently when i start turning left my brake pedal is vibrating slightly and i'm getting that buzzing noise. I believe that should be a ABS sensor, but i don't have any warning lights on the dash. The noise comes only when i'm steering to e certain angle only, it doesn't come every time, but is annoying. Did anyone had problem like this in the pass, since i have no warning lights, i don't know if is actually the ABS sensor it self or something else. The noise comes only when i'm steering left and only when i'm keeping the brake pedal. If i slow down and then turn left without braking the noise doesn't come up. Any help will be helpful.

Thanks

As far as I recall the ABS sensor doesn't show a fault code.

Since the ABS sensor doesn't show a fault code, how can i see witch sensor is the fault one. The problem comes when i'm turning left only. They goes for 30 bucks now, but i don't won changing bought, since one of them is still working correct. Any idea if i can check at with a multimeter?
Thanks

I suspect you have a break in the wire when your steering is turned passed a certain angle and as the signal stops, the vehicle thinks the wheel is locked and applies ABS to try and free it. It could be either front left or right sensor.

You can do a basic test with a meter, you will obviously need to move the steering or play around with the cable to see if you can interrupt continuity. But it may not be a total break with just the signal being attenuated/distorted where you would need an oscilloscope to see that whist the wheel was turning.

image.thumb.png.af6e9bdec8910fc909d46f8132d29fff.png

Thanks for the info Colin, i will do so and check the connection to see witch one is causing the problem. As far as i'm aware normally is the wire which makes a bad connection with the time and from there it gives a faulty info back. If i can't find witch one it is, ill probably will change bought of them. I found them on eBay for 32 each. Hopefully  they will last at least the half of the time from the original ones. I believe that could be the driver side, since i had at to disconnect the sensor to get around at and most probably the fault comes from there. Thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links