Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 review High Peak Autos

Nick W858

I watch quite a few of this chaps you tube stuff - seems like a nice guy and test some interesting cars. He's quite a big Lexus fan and has had various models he has bought, done up and sold through his garage. Noticed this one recently which you may be interested in if you own an LC500 or are a prospective purchaser.
Should You Buy a LEXUS LC500? (Test Drive & Review) - YouTube

• Like 1

Just now, Nick W858 said:

I watch quite a few of this chaps you tube stuff - seems like a nice guy and test some interesting cars. He's quite a big Lexus fan and has had various models he has bought, done up and sold through his garage. Noticed this one recently which you may be interested in if you own an LC500 or are a prospective purchaser.

Watched it last week Nick.

Matt is a good guy.

• Like 1

Watched this earlier in the week. I think Matt was a little surprised by his test drive and obviously had an idea of what to expect but was wrong on just about every account. A very positive review all said and done, but I was a little surprised when he expressed concern that the car might not age well. He seemed to think the styling could be a downer but  I'm not so sure. I, for one, think it will age very well, and let's not forget it is now 5 years old.  Obviously, my opinion might be a little biased. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I agree with you Brian.No reason to think it will age badly as a design.In fact,some petrolhead pals have recently told me they think the car looks as fresh now as when it was first released.

Good review.

A J.

• Like 1

I'm quite astounded at the brilliant amount of rear space and leg room in this car ......  it's astonishing ... enuf room for a mouse, or even a whole family and little more methinks :whistling:

Malc

Dont agree.

Never meant to be a full 4 seater.
Boot is more useful than reviewers who have done no more than take a quick glance state,and for touring or major shopping expeditions the rear seats provide plenty of additional space.

We have no problem fitting in luggage and our retriever dog on the rear seat(heavily protected by sheeting!).If required there is easily enough room for young children.Compare it one of its obvious rivals,the A M Vantage ,this has no rear seats so very little space .

The people who buy these  cars are not that concerned about lack of rear legroom.

A J.

• Like 2

I wouldn't wish to put a full sized adult in the back, but I have carried a 5 foot nothing friend of ours and with no complaints. To be honest, I never for one minute thought of the car as a four-seater but as AJ infers, there's more space in there than you might first imagine.

Evening guys while you are all discussing the virtues of your Lc’s I don’t suppose anyone has a picture of the space under the boot floor for additional storage….of a V8 of course as the Hybrids are full of electrical gubbins

Thanks in advance…..

🐀

34 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

the space under the boot floor for additional storage….of a V8 of course

You want to store another V8 under the floor??!! 😎🤣

Scoping out your next purchase Paul? 

• Like 1

@NemesisUK It’s a thought matey I’ve increased the size of the garage ……so I can fill it….I’ve looked at the Lexus dealers near to me and all they’ve got is hybrids….

I do like the look of the Lc Black but don’t really want to drop another £100k on a car, the Vantage V12VS was about that . Anyway Mrs Rat is still hankering for that little place in France.

And the Lc is a great Gt car to get there and back…anyway how are you and yours ?

@Big Rat Buy a v8, new or second hand. (Unless it’s the silver one in NI apparently)

I bought a white one and the seller serviced it just before I bought it, so it was under warranty.

“I think” I looked under the boot liner when I first bought the v8 , i can vaguely remember seeing the 12v Battery but i don’t think there was much, if any, extra storage there so don’t get your hopes up.  

Boot?  Rear seats?  We (me 5’’10, short wife, toddler) are going to Reims in France in July for a long weekend in the car.   They both go in the back so we’ve got the boot and the front seat + footwell for extra space, and it will be fine.  Anything we find we need we can buy.

Best.

Car.

Ever.

…and I’ve had a few.

• Like 2

@Arth_Vader Thanks for the response fella yes only this afternoon I was at Lexus Bristol and apparently a V8 is coming in next week but it’s not sport plus +HUD ….so not for me

I’m going to be patient and wait for the right car with the spec/condition to come up I want, plate change is not far off now so there may be more choice coming to the market……

As regards the interior space dilemma Mrs Rat has brought to my attention …I’ve come up with a solution she can follow me around in one of our other vehicles…… plenty of room there…😌

🐀

EC774029-65F8-4861-89AA-76C2CE9CB5FE.thumb.jpeg.e21dbba6796ceda115c77b2a5f8ef5f4.jpeg

no worries @Big Rat. I saw you on F Club forum  and you were always very helpful, I think one of your posts later helped me buy tyres for my isF.  

TBH  I don’t really notice the 4WS and don’t use the HUD much at all, although it’s always on, and I think I’d prefer the full leather seats to the alcantara ones, and a glass sunroof instead of a carbon one would be nice like on the one that high peak motors tested.  

Sunroof made the cabin look more airy in that excellent vid too.  The Throttle House vid might be even better.  

More and more people are starting to wake up to just how good this car is, and I can’t explain to people asking why it is so rare and hasn’t sold better.  I get drawn into conversation about it more than any other car I’ve had.  

I think the 21” wheels are an absolute must-have, they look absolutely epic, and really suit. I often find myself sneaking upstairs to look at mine in the street outside.

I like the pop up spoiler, but it’s not a must, so all things considered a sport might have done for me without the +

People seem to like it in red,  but I don’t know what colour is best,  so I’ll be looking out on autotrader for the Bristol one.  

I love the car so much I’m even excited about someone else buying one!!!!!

• Like 2

Big Rat,

No pics of under boot space but I can tell you there is no storage room there.

There are two under floor panels.One covering the tool kit in its polystyrene tray and the other for the Battery etc. You could wedge valuables in but thats about all.

As I have said before,the boot and rear seat are well sufficient for travelling.

A J. 

• Like 1

I was pondering the switch from RCF to LC. One of the turn-offs was the reduction in space. the Hybrid had a tiny boot and the LC500 was still noticeably smaller than the RCF. The back seats felt tighter in the LC too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ500 said:

Big Rat,

No pics of under boot space but I can tell you there is no storage room there.

There are two under floor panels.One covering the tool kit in its polystyrene tray and the other for the battery etc. You could wedge valuables in but thats about all.

As I have said before,the boot and rear seat are well sufficient for travelling.

A J. 

@AJ500 Thanx fir the reply AJ thought as much just wanted it confirmed 👍

🐀

15 hours ago, MNMJ said:

The back seats felt tighter in the LC too.

Weight Watchers .......  Slimming World            looms large then :wink3:

Malc

Rear seats…...  I gave a lift home to two friends after dinner last night.  Baby seat installed behind passenger front seat.

I was about as far forward (and upward as rear passenger feet have to go under seat) as I could be and still be able to drive competent I’m 5’10 14 stone.  I don’t think I could have driven a long distance like that.

So ended up a mate who’s about 6’1 and 18 stone in the front who seemed fine, and another about 5’5/ 14 stone   in the back behind me and he wasn’t a happy bunny for much of it I can tell you.

He admitted I was a lot quicker and cheaper than an Uber though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arth_Vader said:

Rear seats…...  I gave a lift home to two friends after dinner last night.  Baby seat installed behind passenger front seat.

I was about as far forward (and upward as rear passenger feet have to go under seat) as I could be and still be able to drive competent I’m 5’10 14 stone.  I don’t think I could have driven a long distance like that.

So ended up a mate who’s about 6’1 and 18 stone in the front who seemed fine, and another about 5’5/ 14 stone   in the back behind me and he wasn’t a happy bunny for much of it I can tell you.

He admitted I was a lot quicker and cheaper than an Uber though.

Classic beggars can't be choosers situation, Arthur. 🙂

just out of my curiosity guys .......  what is the likely max mph and accelleration ......  0  to  60 mph ?  for the Lc500  .....  or indeed the Ls500 should one know

Thanks

Malc

On 3/4/2022 at 12:07 PM, Nick W858 said:

Also check out the JayEmm review of the LC on YouTube. He's also a fan of the brand having done some reviews of previous generation LS models.

Matt from High Peak Autos really does brill reviews. Both YouTube channels are well worth dipping into!

17 hours ago, Malc said:

just out of my curiosity guys .......  what is the likely max mph and accelleration ......  0  to  60 mph ?  for the Lc500  .....  or indeed the Ls500 should one know

Thanks

Malc

It does seem there are various figures for the 0 to 60 and they range from 4.4 to 4.6 seconds. If memory serves, then I recall the official time as 4.5 seconds. Top speed does seem to be a bit more consistent though at 168 mph. 

For the hybrid then a 0 to 60 of 4.7 seconds and a top speed  of 155 mph. These figures seem to be a bit more universally reported/agreed.

Are you thinking of buying one then Malc?