Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sequential indicators

Browsing through the UX Takumi spec. for the 99th time, whilst impatiently waiting for mine, I picked up on something I had not noticed before, it said sequential turn indicators, taking this literally I assume they are those cool strip of LED lights that light up... well sequentially, al la Audi.

Never noticed this on a Lexus UX but then I don't see many UX models about, not many Lexus's, Lexi, Lexae??? come to that, this being one of the things I like, Audi, BMW, Mercs, ten a penny.

Any one throw light (excuse pun) on this.

Bill D.

I don't know about UX but my 2018 RX has sequential indicators and I love them. They seem to draw the eye much more than standard ones.

58 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Browsing through the UX Takumi spec. for the 99th time, whilst impatiently waiting for mine, I picked up on something I had not noticed before, it said sequential turn indicators, taking this literally I assume they are those cool strip of LED lights that light up... well sequentially, al la Audi.

Never noticed this on a Lexus UX but then I don't see many UX models about, not many Lexus's, Lexi, Lexae??? come to that, this being one of the things I like, Audi, BMW, Mercs, ten a penny.

Bill D.

Pretty sure that high grades (Takumi obviously qualifies) on all models of Lexus has had sequential inductors for a while now.  Perhaps all models that have LED lights?  As Herbie says, RX has had it for a while (I think the RX actually got it for the launch of the fourth generation in mid 2015).

Paul

The press release spec sheet mentions sequential turn lights across all grades, right back at launch and still today. However I believe it is wrong.

The rear indicators are too small to have any sequential lighting, and whilst the front ones seem capable I've never seen one do it - my wife's car certainly doesn't.

02/2019:

image.thumb.png.7b0c5c3bce26893118e186e502a52f93.png

02/2022:

image.thumb.png.796f281f851fbefa8080054f3979bc6b.png

Colin is right when he says

"The rear indicators are too small to have any sequential lighting, and whilst the front ones seem capable I've never seen one do it"

Just looked at my car, delivered last September, and which has "normal"  flashing indicators.

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The press release spec sheet mentions sequential turn lights across all grades, right back at launch and still today. However I believe it is wrong.

The rear indicators are too small to have any sequential lighting, and whilst the front ones seem capable I've never seen one do it - my wife's car certainly doesn't.

02/2019:

image.thumb.png.7b0c5c3bce26893118e186e502a52f93.png

02/2022:

image.thumb.png.796f281f851fbefa8080054f3979bc6b.png

Mine certainly doesnt have them

Checked my 2022 Premium Plus Pro and it is fitted with ordinary bulbs.

I did notice that the Lexus NX rear indicators are not much bigger than the UX, even though they have 6 or 7 led’s

C10858E9-023C-4C55-9DCE-79278161C064.png

On 3/5/2022 at 12:22 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Bill D.

I believe it is a mistake. UX does not have sequential turn lights. Leave them to VW-Audi and clones!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, duotone said:

Checked my 2022 Premium Plus Pro and it is fitted with ordinary bulbs.

I did notice that the Lexus NX rear indicators are not much bigger than the UX, even though they have 6 or 7 led’s

C10858E9-023C-4C55-9DCE-79278161C064.png

All NX after the 2017/2018 facelift have sequential indicators back and front.

Interesting Daniel, so is yours that updated spec?

I must admit I do like sequential indicators, they catch the eye much better which is what an indicator should do surely especially useful with a lot of modern day light clusters which seem to be form over function.

Won't help with all too common habit however of indicating in the same moment you start the turn, what's the point then, it's obvious you are going to turn if you are already turning, i'm sure you would never pass a test doing that.