Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Facelift Broken USB Connection

Hi Guys

After some tinkering with my stereo I have it looks like my factory USB connection is broken, this wouldn't be so much of an issue but my GROM VLINE2 works by hijacking the USB connection to access it. 

From my understanding the USB connection in the facelift IS receives power from the 12 pin connection at the back of the stereo and this goes to a Multimedia interface unit, which then goes to the factory USB port. I'm hoping theres some kind of fuse used for the USB connection that may have gone off but I inspected the fuses listed Radio 1 2 and 3 and they were fine. I'm hoping its not an individual part I need changing, does anyone know what fuse it could be for the USB port? I have referred to the manual and online guides but no such luck.

As far as I know there are no fuses for the USB.

I suppose it's possible that there may be an internal one on a circuit board within the multimedia head unit, but nothing in the 'normal' car fuse boxes.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, Herbie said:

As far as I know there are no fuses for the USB.

I suppose it's possible that there may be an internal one on a circuit board within the multimedia head unit, but nothing in the 'normal' car fuse boxes.

I’m hoping that’s the case also, but from what I read on other forum posts some 3IS owners have had similar issues so I suspect it will be an expensive fix to change out an individual part on the head unit. I’ll give Lexus a call but my alternatives are getting a replacement head unit from a breaker or potentially going down the android head unit path. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links