Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Weather

Lexiguy

must get away for a few days very soon ....... tooooooo much staying at home after all these lockdowns and waryness about stuff healthwise etc

spend some of my hard saved pennies on a bit more life methinks .......  but it's a grey " fresh " day here in my part of Kent .....  where's me jumper !

Malc

• Like 2

Hi Malc

That's what we felt, we havn't been away since before covid so it's about time we did!

Beside I'm sure that both of us will enjoy having a good long run in our cars! 

Sunny day at Meltham but a bit breezy, I have a smart repairer attending to two blemishes on the SC430, aluminium fester in the channel below the rear window and a scratch on the nsr bumper corner which I am guilty of!

20220422_153433.thumb.jpg.070b2634f8614505c175306b6164a0cf.jpg20220422_153418.thumb.jpg.b7e17e6909f07b40b873510f1e429fa2.jpg

• Like 1

What looked like rust in the channel below the rear window was not as bad as thought. It is aluminium so it had just oxidised. Better sorted before it got worse though!

The other thing which was unbeknown to me was that it was full of tiny debris just under the rubber seal.

So guys, I reckon it's well worth checking yours!

• Like 2

aluminium and oxidisation was always forever an issue 

Remembering when the nigh all aluminium Rover 2000 came on the scene and the amazing solution to dreaded RUST ...  but most Rover 2000's and 3500's have now gone due to I guess aluminium " rot " .  there's never a solution .....  the amazing glass fibre of the Scimitars too ..  very few of those these days ...  don't remember seeing one for years now 

just keep treating the Sc430s alloy bits then ...  so tell us do ....  what is the alloy solution ?

Malc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where to today 🤔 decisions, decisions!

20220510_074703.thumb.jpg.c3a39f45d61276033ffa5bfd62246ae5.jpg

...or do I have a look at the radio flap button which is no longer working since fitting the Bluetooth music streaming module ugh 😑 

OR BOTH!!! YEAAAA!!!

11 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Where to today 🤔 decisions, decisions!

20220510_074703.thumb.jpg.c3a39f45d61276033ffa5bfd62246ae5.jpg

...or do I have a look at the radio flap button which is no longer working since fitting the Bluetooth music streaming module ugh 😑 

OR BOTH!!! YEAAAA!!!

Both, go for it.

Update :

The switch is broken and I require a new one, just bracing myself to ring Lexus for a price! If anyone has a part number or has one to sell, let me know!

20220510_085135.thumb.jpg.2aa1ad30734d9e1f5e7a4dfa102e3cbb.jpg

Sunday was a brilliant weather day here in kent  ....  popped out thru' our brilliant countryside early afetrnoon .  just ambling along, some new roads too which was a blesssing to find some tbh  BUT  so few cars on the road .. couldn't quite believe it .  such a glorious day too ...  So I'm thinking maybe the price of fuel, living costs etc might have at last caught up with people and keeping them back from the simple leisure pursuit of ad hoc motoring joy ............. is that likely I wonder :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Sunday was a brilliant weather day here in kent  ....  popped out thru' our brilliant countryside early afetrnoon .  just ambling along, some new roads too which was a blesssing to find some tbh  BUT  so few cars on the road .. couldn't quite believe it .  such a glorious day too ...  So I'm thinking maybe the price of fuel, living costs etc might have at last caught up with people and keeping them back from the simple leisure pursuit of ad hoc motoring joy ............. is that likely I wonder :whistling:

Malc

Very likely I suspect, very sad times.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Especially for 4.3 V8 users!

The very few cars i did see were actually big buggers like ours ....  Mercs  BMWs and the like ...  mine of course was the only Lexus :thumbsup:

Maybe we're the only one's left with a little spare ££££ :unsure:

Malc

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:11 AM, Lexiguy said:

Update :

The switch is broken and I require a new one, just bracing myself to ring Lexus for a price! If anyone has a part number or has one to sell, let me know!

20220510_085135.thumb.jpg.2aa1ad30734d9e1f5e7a4dfa102e3cbb.jpg

If any of you are removing the lower console, be careful not to knock it as I have just telephoned Lexus and been quoted £150!!!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking good day here in Yorkshire, I had a great day in the Lexus top down enjoying the scenery.

Her top is back up and she is ready lined up to go into the garage to bed for a well earned sleep!! 

I would include pic if the system would allow!! 😡

• Like 1

1653237144845335780086380798362.thumb.jpg.08b1b3536c9c0248243be6da14967b8c.jpgWell the rain which was forecast has held off and even its been sunny at times.

Gina got a full wash, wax, and full interior clean etc etc 

Ready to go out for the day tomorrow to Tony Banks, Leeds for a custom exhaust!! All excited!!!

Ant

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful day in Yorkshire, working at Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield today and enjoyed a beautiful one hour sunny top down journey from home!

20220607_073645.thumb.jpg.72c85e16855c846b2ab7884e4a562380.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:40 AM, Lexiguy said:

If any of you are removing the lower console, be careful not to knock it as I have just telephoned Lexus and been quoted £150!!!

there is a breaker , ACD breakers  in Accrington.You can find them with good old Google. Only place in the country that had a radiator header tank for mine , half the price of Lexus. Other option is Lexus Spares Direct ,got my spiral cable from them their charges include vat whereas Cheltenham lexus wanted same price plus vat,

• Like 1

Hi Malc

Yes, this really is top down weather!

Not used to this, now showing 28° up here in the hills but the lovely breeze makes it perfect!!

So glad I'm not working so I can enjoy it!

Ant

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely weather just right for top down drive, one lad bell ringing, the other at school fair and wife at a teachers do! 

Does it get any better? You tell me!

20220630_181707.jpg

20220630_181651.jpg

20220630_181620.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1