Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diagnostic tools recommended for ls430 03

Had a number of mercedes over the years and just bought my first lexus ls430 03.  Ive used iCarsoft V2 tool for my mercedes diagnostics. What do others use for lexus? Can see iCarsoft have a product, assume it will do all my merc version does. Or what else is about. Not looking for basic obd reader, as much functionality as possible without prices. Describe myself as a fairly competent amateur mechanic used to using electronic readers

thanks

If you have a laptop running Windows (XP, 7 or 10) then your best bet is to buy one of these miniVCI cables from eBay

It comes with a pirated copy of Techstream, which is the very same diagnostic software used by Lexus techs in the dealer workshops. Of course, we can't be seen to condone piracy (that's a matter for your own conscience) so the correct way would be to download an official free copy from https://www.lexus-tech.eu/DiagnosticTools/Setup and then pay for a block of time to use it, currently €5/day, €10/week and so on.

Whichever way you go, you'll need that miniVCI cable anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lex - eleven said:

I'm now on my third ls430 and never had the need for an o.b.d reader. 

Need doesn't necessarily come into it. It's just nice to have it to see what's going on.

• Like 1

I bought the one recommended by Herbs, took a bit of installing into my old laptop being a 64 bit version but communicated fine with car once done.

Not had much chance to delve into it yet but did a quick code scan and all was good.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Herbie said:

If you have a laptop running Windows (XP, 7 or 10) then your best bet is to buy one of these miniVCI cables from eBay

It comes with a pirated copy of Techstream, which is the very same diagnostic software used by Lexus techs in the dealer workshops. Of course, we can't be seen to condone piracy (that's a matter for your own conscience) so the correct way would be to download an official free copy from https://www.lexus-tech.eu/DiagnosticTools/Setup and then pay for a block of time to use it, currently €5/day, €10/week and so on.

Whichever way you go, you'll need that miniVCI cable anyway.

Thanks, looks the way to go

ive started down this route

• Like 1