Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brakes jolting when stopping

CTrewn96

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone may be able to provide me with some knowledge or direction to solving my braking issues. 

When coming to a full stop, wether I am in drive or neutral. My brakes seem to jolt just before the car is stationary. I can feel a bulge under the pedal briefly, car jolts and it makes a short sound that I can only describe sounds similar to a dining room chair being dragged on wood. Like an almost screeching sound but not as high pitched or high in tone. I will try and get the sound recorded to support my post. 

The issue occurred around 3 months ago and since then I have bought and installed new discs and pads and the problem has yet to improve. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Charlie. 

Could be the ABS kicking in. It should be disabled below 5Mph though.
If the pedal pushes back at you, then it is almost certainly the ABS kicking in.
You may need to check the ABS sensors on all of the wheels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Charlie,

I had similar problem LS400 2000. Had it seen to in3 different countries with no fault found. Last resort, Hatfield Lexus at £150/h. It turned out to be a wheel bearing and its housing at the cost of £1400!!!The garage that replaced dicks and pads replaced the discks fo r free and -voila- problem gone. I wish you luck with yours!

Best, Milic

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links