Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

These oligarchs one and all and hacking

Are any of our cars internal teccy at risk from any potential here do you think ?

I'm just a little fearful tbh

Your thoughts please one and all

Malc

15 hours ago, VFR said:

I think that you have more chance of Bercow ever admitting he was at fault than that happening.    😉

Or Boris admitting that he doesn't have a clue, or maybe apologising? 

You can relax Malcolm. Even if they hacked your PC and tried to hack your car when you were connected via Techstream, they could only change some settings.
Even Lexus techs cannot reprogram any of the onboard computers. They remove the computer and replace it with one off the shelf.
Besides, the Mercs, BMWs and the other common as muck cars would get hit first. :yes:

• Like 2

If its EMP time there is nothing more to worry about, end of the road.

At the moment i would worry more about the petrol-prices especially with a big heavy drinking V8!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

i would worry more about the petrol-prices especially with a big heavy drinking V8!

but you see, on a good 70mph run, fully laden, the old gal usually gets me 30 mpg ...  not so good running locally I admit ...  but then i can use the Honda Legend for that .  woops, a 3.5 ltr lady that really is a bit of a gas guzzler , comfy but I just can't seem to get the driver seat position as comfy as in my Lexus ....  maybe it's me age :unsure:

but it is her ( in doors ) car tho'

Malc

3 minutes ago, Rupert Dubreaux said:

EMP = Electromagnetic Pulse Malc , Steve and Bernard are meaning Nukes I guess .

oh my, hadn't realised there was teccy technology for nuking us all from the dear old Putin Tsar of all the Russias ........  wonder if he'll suffer the same fate ........  his end-game maybe .....  or maybe the gun will jam at the vital moment ..  teccy failure in the extreme

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

but you see, on a good 70mph run, fully laden, the old gal usually gets me 30 mpg ...  not so good running locally I admit ...  but then i can use the Honda Legend for that .  woops, a 3.5 ltr lady that really is a bit of a gas guzzler , comfy but I just can't seem to get the driver seat position as comfy as in my Lexus ....  maybe it's me age :unsure:

but it is her ( in doors ) car tho'

Malc

I did a proper switchback run yesterday, and made a note of MPG as follows. (Running on E10)

Steady 55mph (nearly a full tank) - From M4 Membury Services to A34 Sutton Scotney Services - got 38.5mpg

Steady 65mph same trip in reverse - got 34mpg

Reason for this is this drive is up hill and down dale, but you can keep constant speed (apart from J14 change of M4 to A34)

I have new plugs, just had new oil filter and oil change, so in theory as good as it could be

I know fully loaded up the M5/M6 from Glos to Manchester (not uphill land down dale) at 75mph I can get a smidge over 30mpg

Comfort levels and relaxed driver a given, and I found driving at 55 so brilliant that maybe this should be my  default speed, and on 100mile run does not add that much time.

Maybe 4litre beasts will be a steal while people try and off-load them

• Like 2

OK then ..  seems as tho' we aren't likely to be hacked and rendered inoperable  ...  yet !

NOW then . ........ about TUI ............ how's those holidays going to hold-up I wonder :unsure:

is anyone going to use them for the forseeable  ...........  German ......... Limited ( parent ) company, saved last year financially ? by the German Govt taking a shareholding BUT it's just come to light ( so they say ) that a sanctioned Russian oligarch and his companies actually own a staggering  30% of TUI

Can't understand why no-one's stepped up to the mark about this to stave off approbrium 

Nevermind eh !  There's lots going-on that's unsavoury with all this tragedy unfolding 

Malc