Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys 

Hope your all well. I currently have pirelli assimetrico 245 50 17 on my ls400. I have a brand new tyre sitting in the boot that I bought last year just in case I may need it.

Anyway, I just going through the internet last night, and it looks like these tyres are hard to get. What other brand of tyre would you guys recommend? I'm not into winter tyres as they make alot of nose and look awful, the ones on the car now are very quiet. 

Thanks in advance 

I've only ever kept to standard wheels and therefore 225/60/16 tyres and over the years have found FALKEN to be good all round tyres

Malc

2 hours ago, Malc said:

I've only ever kept to standard wheels and therefore 225/60/16 tyres and over the years have found FALKEN to be good all round tyres

Malc

Thanks for that. Yeah I cant use 16 on mine as its dhp and they only come with 17. 

I'll have look into Falkens

I had a look for tyre options for DHP wheels. The options are limited for the correct size.

Apart from winter tyres all I could find is below. The other option is to run 225/55/17 tyres, they are pretty close for height and circumference but not as wide of course. 

Bridgestone RE050 run flats
Accelera PHI R
General Altimax Sport
Pirelli P Zero Asimmetrico - on amazon for £237

image.thumb.png.eb6210363bdd33d49a2d0ee5b2e01bb2.png

I inherited Pirrelli tyres on the Honda Legend  ..  235/50/17 I believe .....  when we bought it  ....  they had huge longevity BUT were so uncomfortable a ride and I was so glad when the time came to change them .......  first the fronts and then the rears ....  to Falken ...  much more comfy ride and equally good in the wet etc AND much better pricing too .......

Malc

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Falken don't make the correct size but they do make 225/55/17 ZIEX ZE310 ECORUN which are quiet tyres. I will probably be going for them when I need some.

Hi paul. So is okay to fit 225 55 17 on the on the dhp wheels? I thought it had to be 245 50 17

I used 235/55 x17's on my DHP which give a slight over read on speedo - 72 on speedo is 70 according to sat nav when new, increasing to about 74 when nearing the wear limit. My tyre choice was Falkens, but they don't last long, but provide great grip and are quiet.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...