Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Suspension Noise Issues

mickg

I recently purchased a 1995 Lexus LS 400 from my brother. He took immaculate car of the vehicle and drove it only 55000 miles. When I first drive the car and come to a stop I notice a rather loud crack type of noise from the front end. This noise only seems to occur when I first stop the car after it has sat idle for a while. I checked the torque on all of the bolts on the brake system and front suspension and everything was to specification. If anyone can offer some advice I would really appreciate it.

Is it definitely a cracking noise or a clunking noise? I have clunking noise when braking from the front, which might be the lower ball joints or the sway bar bushes. Both are quite cheap to replace I think.

also check for a broken spring or springs...both front springs were broken on

my '94 when I bought it.

The last three cars I've had all had broken front springs..Honda,Merc. Lex.

:blink:

Is it definitely a cracking noise or a clunking noise? I have clunking noise when braking from the front, which might be the lower ball joints or the sway bar bushes. Both are quite cheap to replace I think.

It's definitely a loud type of crack noise. The springs and ball joints appear to be fine. Oddly this only occurs when I first drive the car. Thanks for the help

• 9 months later...