Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good evening chaps or you know how anyone wants to addressed these days 😋.

Does anyone have any experience fitting or having fitted an lpg kit to one of our landships that they wouldn't mind imparting up me :).

I have a celsior... i dont think its any different well except for a few parks and talking to me in Japanese... still dont know what shes saying.

Have you seen the price of LPG recently Allan, it’s now over £1.00 a litre and likely to rise further?

If you consider the price of the conversion would you ever recover the cost?

Hi Steve... I did not know that... it is 72p where I am, but then petrol heading to ÂŁ2 per litre it still sounds like a good deal as I have spent over ÂŁ400 in the last 3 weeks on crappy e10 fuel.

Even at half the price of lpg its got to be worth it.

Do you use it Steve?

74ppl where I live so still viable here.

I can highly recommend http://lpgc.co.uk/ who have done two conversions for me in the past.

Based in South Elmsall, West Yorkshire, he doesn't just fit a kit of parts like a Meccano set, but he really understands both the practicalities and the science behind how it all works. Consequently, he has the skill to 'mix and match' components to make a bespoke system that will really get the best out of the installation and the car itself.

• Like 1

Thanks Herbs and Mark.

That installation is very informative it's a shame the photos seem to be expired.

I was torn between having it done and fitting it myself I got the time at the moment to do so,

8 hours ago, skyway said:

Hi Steve... I did not know that... it is 72p where I am, but then petrol heading to ÂŁ2 per litre it still sounds like a good deal as I have spent over ÂŁ400 in the last 3 weeks on crappy e10 fuel.

Even at half the price of lpg its got to be worth it.

Do you use it Steve?

Its 68p where I live

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 7:53 AM, skyway said:

Thanks Herbs and Mark.

That installation is very informative it's a shame the photos seem to be expired.

I was torn between having it done and fitting it myself I got the time at the moment to do so,

The photos are still there you just need to use a little workaround to get them. Its Photobuckets fault they changed everything and as a result there are boards out there with photos that just dont show up without the original poster going back in and relinking and in some cases that runs to thousands of photos (dont ask me how I know) 😭

Anyway - you need to be on a computer and if you "hover" your mouse over the dead photo link and right click on it then copy the text - you will see the photo link in there - starts with http:// and ends in .jpg just copy that bit in to another browser window and you can see the photo. 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 1:26 AM, BMCWP said:

The photos are still there you just need to use a little workaround to get them. Its Photobuckets fault they changed everything and as a result there are boards out there with photos that just dont show up without the original poster going back in and relinking and in some cases that runs to thousands of photos (dont ask me how I know) 😭

Anyway - you need to be on a computer and if you "hover" your mouse over the dead photo link and right click on it then copy the text - you will see the photo link in there - starts with http:// and ends in .jpg just copy that bit in to another browser window and you can see the photo. 

There are browser plugins/extensions available such as this one for Chrome (just Google for Photobucket hotlink fix for your browser of choice) that solve this problem.

Photobucket did this to basically ransom their users into paying subscriptions instead of remaining free and these plugins/extensions work around that. Of course, Photobucket don't like that so it seems to be a bit of a cat and mouse game between the developer of the plugin and Photobucket - he makes a loophole, they close it; he makes another one, they close it and so on.

When it stops working just update it again, no great hardship because it could work for months, even years, before it needs updating.

6 hours ago, Herbie said:

There are browser plugins/extensions available such as this one for Chrome (just Google for Photobucket hotlink fix for your browser of choice) that solve this problem.

Photobucket did this to basically ransom their users into paying subscriptions instead of remaining free and these plugins/extensions work around that. Of course, Photobucket don't like that so it seems to be a bit of a cat and mouse game between the developer of the plugin and Photobucket - he makes a loophole, they close it; he makes another one, they close it and so on.

When it stops working just update it again, no great hardship because it could work for months, even years, before it needs updating.

Yeah I have used the hotfix for a while and as you say it keeps changing and currently does not fix the issue for me at the moment (they say its a "legacy issue" and I need to relink) really annoying as I actually pay for all of my PB accounts and even as a paying customer they dont care. Sad thing is I dont have the option or the skills needed to move or recode so many photographs in a phpbb3 database. 😕