Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 350h v. 450h+

Hello again!

As I'm considering purchasing either a NX 350h or 450h+ (in cash) I would need some advice from you;

My first question is if I should buy the NX 350h or 450h+, I think it's a shame that the 450h+ cannot be equipped with the Mark Levinson-system (I guess it comes down to weight), because I really do enjoy listening to some good tunes during the occasional road trips, and that is one of the reasons why I am tempted to place an order for a 350h. But for me it's more important to get the best residual value out of the car, when it is time to swap. So just based on your speculations whether (percentagewise) the 450h+ will have a higher residual value, what would are your personal opinions? (I'm buying it privately and not through my company, so really no tax-benefits, except for the so-called climate bonus which is a bonus which you recieve 6 months after purchasing a plug-in hybrid or electric car)

My second question is regarding the exterior colour, I'm really standing between two colours; Sonic Titanium and Sonic Grey. The Sonic Titanium is probably the most common one here in Sweden. What are your experiences with the two colours? Do they hide dirt and grime well? And are they colours which changes the appearence of the car depending on the surrounding light?

Regards, Neo

And one more question; is it possible to activate the climate system on the 350h (turn on the heated windshield, heated seats etc.) with the Lexus Link-app? Or is it only possible with the 450h+?

2 hours ago, N GJ said:

And one more question; is it possible to activate the climate system on the 350h (turn on the heated windshield, heated seats etc.) with the Lexus Link-app? Or is it only possible with the 450h+?

It is also possible with the 350h.  The app allows the individual seat heaters, the steering wheel, the front screen, the rear screen and the interior temperature to be set.  I tested it on the steering wheel but it will apparently start if you demand interior heat or a high load so not tested that yet.   I can also tell you that setting the seat heater and the steering wheel heater on auto works a treat.  It varies the temps according to the interior heat setting.  The steering wheel is fully heated on this NX unlike the previous version which was just the sides.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, N GJ said:

I think it's a shame that the 450h+ cannot be equipped with the Mark Levinson-system (I guess it comes down to weight), because I really do enjoy listening to some good tunes during the occasional road trips, and that is one of the reasons why I am tempted to place an order for a 350h.

Don’t be fooled by the hype regarding the ML system. 
I have it on my current RX and I can tell you that it is nothing special, and certainly not something that I would pay extra for or something that would influence any of my decisions

• Like 1

Just my opinion on whether to have ML or not....

I personally wouldn't let the absence of ML (or another high-spec car sound system) stop me from choosing a particular specification of a car when that spec "ticks all other boxes". I do love listening to music in the car but if I want to have a proper high-end listening experience I'll do that at home. I find the "standard" sound system in my 350h to be more than adequate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, N GJ said:

My second question is regarding the exterior colour, I'm really standing between two colours; Sonic Titanium and Sonic Grey. The Sonic Titanium is probably the most common one here in Sweden. What are your experiences with the two colours? Do they hide dirt and grime well? And are they colours which changes the appearence of the car depending on the surrounding light?

I have had both colours - Sonic Titanium (ST) on my previous NX and Sonic Grey (SG) on my current one. I liked the ST very much and may well have chosen it again but I fancied a change. The SG is quite dark so be aware of that. Both do tend to change their appearance in different light - the ST more so, due to it being lighter. It's a bit early to tell if the SG hides dirt and grime but I found that the ST did that quite well.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Regarding ML, my last NX had it and I thought it sounded very good.   I’ve not got it in this current NX and I’ve not had it long enough to form a complete opinion but I can’t imagine that side by side, a 17 speaker including a sub  system isn’t going to sound richer than a 10 speaker without.  It is a pity that it isn’t a stand alone option rather than restricting it to the Takumi.  

• Like 2

You mentioned best Residual value - I would think the best way to decide that would be to get a quote from Lexus for PCP using the likely timescale you usually keep your car, then work out the percentages.

The 450h+ is likely to be a higher value due to its initial extra cost, but is it the higher percentage?

Edited by Alan Thompson
Add extra information.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy B said:

Just my opinion on whether to have ML or not....

I personally wouldn't let the absence of ML (or another high-spec car sound system) stop me from choosing a particular specification of a car when that spec "ticks all other boxes". I do love listening to music in the car but if I want to have a proper high-end listening experience I'll do that at home. I find the "standard" sound system in my 350h to be more than adequate.

I have to agree, I like the standard system, I have tried the DAB, apple Music, Spotify, and the apple radio app on the system and they all sound really good.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, N GJ said:

So just based on your speculations whether (percentagewise) the 450h+ will have a higher residual value, what would are your personal opinions?

What's the tax situation? If the 350h's higher CO2 figure makes the yearly running costs high then that will have an affect on the residuals.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links