Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pre delivery checks

Hi everyone

I pick up my NX 450h+ Takumi on Thursday. I have been following the car on the app since I was notified it was at the dealers. Over the weekend it was stationary but showing the doors left unlocked during that time.

This morning there was movement and it moved from one part of the dealers to the other I presume to be cleaned and checked over. However when I check the cars journey it has now done 3 miles this morning. Checking the "driving analytics" it shows that it has had 4 hard brake and 5 hard accelerations. Is this a normal part of the PDI or should I be concerned? Looking at the analytics of my RX over the last couple of weeks there has been no notification of any hard braking or acceleration. 

Anyone have any comments as to whether this is normal or someone having some fun?

Don't know about the braking or acceleration  but I assume you want the car to be handed over with a full tank of petrol so that will account for the mileage. Apps for this and that is not a good idea in my view 

22 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Hi everyone

I pick up my NX 450h+ Takumi on Thursday. I have been following the car on the app since I was notified it was at the dealers. Over the weekend it was stationary but showing the doors left unlocked during that time.

This morning there was movement and it moved from one part of the dealers to the other I presume to be cleaned and checked over. However when I check the cars journey it has now done 3 miles this morning. Checking the "driving analytics" it shows that it has had 4 hard brake and 5 hard accelerations. Is this a normal part of the PDI or should I be concerned? Looking at the analytics of my RX over the last couple of weeks there has been no notification of any hard braking or acceleration. 

Anyone have any comments as to whether this is normal or someone having some fun?

Hi John,

Prior to taking delivery of my 350h, I was feverishly checking the app to see what the current state of play was. I too received various alerts about doors being unlocked; etc and could see some very minor movement of the car at the dealers (but nothing more than a very short drive). There were no alerts issued from the driving analytics tool at all.

FYI - the mileage when I collected the car was just 9 miles.

Might be worth mentioning it to the dealer when you collect it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Car has not been filled with petrol yet. The mileage was done in eV mode

How do you know it hasn't been filled with petrol yet. Phev or hev the still need petrol in the tank. 

Because you can see on the gauge, showing red and very little fuel in it. EV mileage has change from 15 over the weekend to 10 now so obviously driven mainly on electric. When they fill it up, gauge will change

40 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Because you can see on the gauge, showing red and very little fuel in it. EV mileage has change from 15 over the weekend to 10 now so obviously driven mainly on electric. When they fill it up, gauge will change

Does it tell you what the lottery numbers are going to be aswell 

Mine alerted me of doors left open and fuel at 100%.  It did move around the dealership but the mileage was low on collection.  My driving analytics shows me hard braking and when I looked at the map I knew it wasn’t particularly hard.  Those Takumis have all sorts of sensors on them that need to be initialised - it will remember parking spots etc.  Worth mentioning but it might not be as bad as you think.  

• Like 2

Thanks Don, you may be right but  again it also says the car reached a top speed of 72 mph whilst coming back from filling with petrol. In a 50 mph zone!  I will mention it to the dealer but it seems iffy to me. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links