Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 LS460 windscreen wiper sizes

Friend of mine runs a garage, I asked him for some new wiper blades, and when he went to fit them he said one was the right size and the other was too small, he didn't have a tape measure on him so asked me to measure mine. I have just done so and the driver's appears to be 600mm or so, and the passenger around 480mm. Yet, looking online, many appear to offer pairs of 600/400mm? What gives? Do people on here buy them individually, or as pairs? If pairs, where from!?

Many thanks

usually buy in pairs of the same size for mine these days .......  not from Lexus tho' ...... both rubbers are different lengths of course ......  gives a spare blade for the next time around

Malc

5 minutes ago, Malc said:

usually buy in pairs of the same size for mine these days .......  not from Lexus tho' ...... both rubbers are different lengths of course ......  gives a spare blade for the next time around

Malc

If you buy in pairs of the same size, what size do you go for?

Thanks

Mine's a Ls400 so will probably be different size to yours !

Just measure the existing ?

I generally go for the simplest cheapest functional rubbers these days as they will be ok for another year I'm sure

The last set of brilliant Lexus / Toyota Main Dealer supplied rubbers weren't of the same quality as in earlier times .  previously a set lasted 3/4 years and 30/40k miles ..  the last set I bought from the Main Dealer only lasted a year ...  they dumbed down on quality methinks but still, unjustifiably,  charged a huge premium quality price 

Malc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malc said:

Mine's a Ls400 so will probably be different size to yours !

Just measure the existing ?

I generally go for the simplest cheapest functional rubbers these days as they will be ok for another year I'm sure

The last set of brilliant Lexus / Toyota Main Dealer supplied rubbers weren't of the same quality as in earlier times .  previously a set lasted 3/4 years and 30/40k miles ..  the last set I bought from the Main Dealer only lasted a year ...  they dumbed down on quality methinks but still, unjustifiably,  charged a huge premium quality price 

Malc

Ah. Yeah I have measured them and they're 600mm/480mm (give or take) yet looking online that seems to be a rare combination to find!

• Like 1

Interesting as every single site I can find online states that the LS430/460/600 requires a 24" (600mm) and a 16" (400mm) wiper.
It's not like 17" wipers are not available in the aftermarket.