Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CUSTOMISE TOOL UNAVAILABLE

wecpc

Why does it say "customize tool unavailable" for the ES 300h Premium model on the Lexus site and only for this model and variant. It works fine for the base model, the sport and the Takumi. It was working a few days ago and only seems to affect the ES 300h Premium model, so are there some problems with parts for it or do they have too many orders for it and are temporarily holding fire on it.

I ordered one on the 29th January and got it at the old price before it went up £1500 and the order has gone through to Lexus, just awaiting the start of the build and the long wait. So I am hoping there will be no problem with my order. I am coming from a Jaguar XE 250PS petrol which is 2 years old (my 3rd Jaguar) and really wanted the new Jaguar XF 250PS facelift version but due to excessive wait times of more than 12 months, I decided to go for the Lexus ES 300h instead as it is a similar size and price to the XF with a lot more goodies as standard.

Interesting, how would you rate ES v XE v XF?

Jaguar seems to be deliberately killing its saloons and focussing on SUVs and electrics, no new Xj after all…sad really.

39 minutes ago, SSUR said:

Interesting, how would you rate ES v XE v XF?

Jaguar seems to be deliberately killing its saloons and focussing on SUVs and electrics, no new Xj after all…sad really.

Both the XE & XF are classed as executive sports saloons which are superb to drive with excellent handling, whereas the ES 300h can hardly be classed as sporty as it is at least 2 secs slower for the 0-60mph than the Jaguars which both also have a top speed of around 155mph, but where can you do that in this country. The only reason for wanting to switch back to the XF after having 2 XE's was to have more room inside, but that was not to be. At least with the ES I will have a lot more safety features which would have been very expensive options on the Jaguars and the fuel economy greatly enhanced from around 35mpg to around 50+ mpg. Also the ES seems more luxurious but I will miss the real leather seats and the Jaguar roar when accelerating away.

I think Jaguar will be doing away with their saloons and as you have said, they have already done away with their new XJ that was planned, and I think this is the beginning of the end for them in favour of only SUV's which I detest. I was told that the delivery for an XF was at least 12 months and could be cancelled at any time without notice, hence my decision was to walk away from them and purchase an ES 300h Premium and as I am now a lot older, speed is not important to me but luxury, safety and reliability with an excellent warranty is. 

• Like 1

I came to Lexus from a BMW435i which was quick ( I never used the 155mph top limit though) and now I am in an ES, I don’t regret the change one bit, it is a different type of car but more than adequate for modern driving conditions with the added bonus of 50 mpg plus and lots of comfort.

46 minutes ago, Derant said:

I came to Lexus from a BMW435i which was quick ( I never used the 155mph top limit though) and now I am in an ES, I don’t regret the change one bit, it is a different type of car but more than adequate for modern driving conditions with the added bonus of 50 mpg plus and lots of comfort.

and reliability too !

23 hours ago, wecpc said:

Why does it say "customize tool unavailable" for the ES 300h Premium model on the Lexus site and only for this model and variant. It works fine for the base model, the sport and the Takumi. It was working a few days ago and only seems to affect the ES 300h Premium model, so are there some problems with parts for it or do they have too many orders for it and are temporarily holding fire on it.

I ordered one on the 29th January and got it at the old price before it went up £1500 and the order has gone through to Lexus, just awaiting the start of the build and the long wait. So I am hoping there will be no problem with my order. I am coming from a Jaguar XE 250PS petrol which is 2 years old (my 3rd Jaguar) and really wanted the new Jaguar XF 250PS facelift version but due to excessive wait times of more than 12 months, I decided to go for the Lexus ES 300h instead as it is a similar size and price to the XF with a lot more goodies as standard.

The only thing that can be changed with the Premium Edition is the colour (or maybe some protection packs or floor mats etc can be added)

With the Base ES you can add the Premium Pack which adds on a few more bits.

With Takumi the only option available is the digital door mirrors (Takumi includes all options so not much to add on really)

Edit : Spoke too soon ! Just went on the website and can see that even with the Base ES, the Premium Pack is no longer available. Also there is a Tech and Safety Pack which cannot be selected. I guess this must be a "glitch in the matrix" aka some software issue ?

HTH

--E

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Check your figure for the top speed of the XE please.

Jaguar XE

Mid-size car

RRP: From £32,815
Dimensions: 4,678 mm L x 1,850 mm W x 1,416-1,425 mm H
Kerb weight: 1,611 to 1,690 kg
Max speed: 131.7 to 155.3 mph
Fuel economy: 32-54 mpg combined

As I have stated it is 155mph as shown here and in my build sheet on my car and as I have had two of them, I should know.

1 hour ago, e-yes said:

The only thing that can be changed with the Premium Edition is the colour (or maybe some protection packs or floor mats etc can be added)

With the Base ES you can add the Premium Pack which adds on a few more bits.

With Takumi the only option available is the digital door mirrors (Takumi includes all options so not much to add on really)

Edit : Spoke too soon ! Just went on the website and can see that even with the Base ES, the Premium Pack is no longer available. Also there is a Tech and Safety Pack which cannot be selected. I guess this must be a "glitch in the matrix" aka some software issue ?

HTH

--E

I also noticed that the Premium Pack had disappeared from the base ES, as I did select several other models to see if there was any other problems elsewhere. Something strange is certainly happening.

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

and reliability too !

Well hopefully……my ES had to go back within 3 months for a rattle and a fault with the alloys, both now seemingly sorted, I never had any problems with my BMW (or my previous IS)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, wecpc said:

I see that they have finally fixed the customise tool now on the ES 300h Premium.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:35 PM, SSUR said:

That's where the market demand is, the XJ was a very rare sight on UK roads and I believe the F-Pace is the best selling vehicle in Jaguar's history.

I was seriously considering an F-Pace but went for an RX instead mainly due to concerns over JLR reliability, I do prefer the looks of the F-Pace though.