Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3rd gen RX (AL10, 2010-2015) Rear Vented Rotors?

My '14 RX350 has the solid 309x10mm rear rotors, but I noticed that certain models have specs listed for 309x18mm vented rear rotors similar to what the Lexus IS would have.  There are different (wider) calipers and mounting brackets to accommodate these 8mm wider rotors.  Down the road I plan on switching to these should I ever need new rear calipers.  Does someone have a picture of this setup on their car or know if the two calipers take the same pads?  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

Bear in mind hybrids have regenerative braking, so uprating the hydraulic braking system makes less sense than in other vehicles.

The OP has an RX350, which isn't a hybrid. By the use of the word "rotor" I'd reckon USA or Canada.

Yep!  I should have been more specific, I am from ON, Canada and it's a 2014 F-Sport.  Not looking to go too crazy, but I already have some Bilstein B6 dampers on it from a Highlander and the calipers are starting to look a little rough, but still work.  Rides great, but I use it to carry some heavy loads sometimes and the rear brake rotors are wearing a little faster, but nothing bad or anything.

I believe these vented rotors are UK-spec only as the part numbers were not listed at my work, nor have they ever been seen by me in person, I do have the part numbers for the caliper assys, but could not find a UK-specific pad.  This leads me to believe, like the front they probably use the same pad as the bigger UK front rotors which are shared with NA models.