Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which colour / interior combo?

Hi all,

First post and firstly a big thanks to all who post valuable and useful info on the new NX.

So I'm based in Northumberland and after a 1 hour drive a few weeks ago I'll be ordering a new NX on Saturday.

The car is actually my wife's and we've narrowed it down to two, possibly 3 colour combo's.

The car will be a 350h F-Sport with pan roof. Our two main options are Azure Blue with White interior or Sonic Grey with Red. An outside option is Sonic Grey with White. My local dealer only has models with black interiors in stock.

So my question is on some photo's the F Sport red looks very bright (too bright I think) but on others it looks fine. Again with the white it can look pure white yet other photos show it as 'off' white which is probably better.

I understand that the F Sport shades differ to the none F Sport but does anyone have any real photos that give a true representation of the shades.

Thanks

I think you would be best to find an actual car with that colour combination, does not necessarily have to be an NX, so many factors can impact how colours appear on screen.

Personally I would go for Sonic Grey and Red from your shortlist.

• Like 1

My mate has a 2016 RX F-Sport with white outside, red inside. It really doesn't work for me. Only my personal taste but I think the red interior is tacky.

Azure Blue with white interior all day long would be my choice.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I must admit I'm starting to prefer my 3rd option. Sonic Grey and white.

Doubt I can see a car and really have to make a decision by Saturday but still time to change my mind several times 😏

28 minutes ago, stemicolt said:

Thanks.

I must admit I'm starting to prefer my 3rd option. Sonic Grey and white.

Doubt I can see a car and really have to make a decision by Saturday but still time to change my mind several times 😏

The only certainty is that you will see a car in the colour combination you didn't order soon after ordering and think to yourself how good it looks 😁

I've seen a blue with a light coloured interior (not sure it was white, maybe a cream?) and I have to say it looked spectacular to me.  I certainly think that the blue is a more striking colour than the grey.

As above, try and find car(s) in those colour combos. Just swing by a dealer and have a nose. Pictures never fully represent.

Other factors to think about (but not necessarily consider) is when you come to swap the car in the future, does white or red sell better?

Long term care is also something as well. Looking after white can be tricky, but not impossible, depends how prone you are to in car accidents 😆

Brilliant how tastes different, I'd avoid white like the plague and love the red interiors in my current and previous Lexi 😄

Best of luck with purchase and colour choice, worst case, pull bits of paper out a hat 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

As above, try and find car(s) in those colour combos. Just swing by a dealer and have a nose. Pictures never fully represent.

Other factors to think about (but not necessarily consider) is when you come to swap the car in the future, does white or red sell better?

Long term care is also something as well. Looking after white can be tricky, but not impossible, depends how prone you are to in car accidents 😆

Brilliant how tastes different, I'd avoid white like the plague and love the red interiors in my current and previous Lexi 😄

Best of luck with purchase and colour choice, worst case, pull bits of paper out a hat 😛

Cheers.

Yes 4 replies with an equal split between red and white. All personal choice I know. Hat and paper looking favourite.

• Like 2

I’m in the red camp 😛

Current RX F sport is Sonic Titanium with red interior, Lotus Evora is Essex Blue with red interior 

But yes, all personal choice. That is why there is a choice 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stemicolt said:

So my question is on some photo's the F Sport red looks very bright (too bright I think) but on others it looks fine.

The red looks similar to the red in my GS F - the colour does vary depending on the light which is why you see a variation in photos.

e.g. the passenger seat looks darker than the driver seat due to lighting in this photo. The actual colour is closer to the driver seat, i.e. bright red.

image.thumb.png.977b3c181fef2a988ff06bb9031beaf4.png

I'e got a white/red RX and it always gets compliments on the interior. I had black before and its just boring. 

Id argue that the grey exterior is pretty boring too. Just bear in mind that almost all of the NX's on the road will be black/white/grey. 

Go for something different - Blue w/ white would be my go to. Its one of the reasons you opted for Lexus in the first place after all!

• Like 1

As I have the Superman combo on order it's obviously a red vote from me!

My first three Lexus were black interior (silver, blue, blue) and the last three have been red (blue, black, silver) as the black became boring for me.

Think all the previous were a darker shade of red though...

Multiple dealers have said the Superman combo sells really well and my own experience definitely backs that up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caspa said:

Think all the previous were a darker shade of red though...

Yes was called Dark Rose and now Flare Red, not sure if it was a different colour or just a name change.

Personally I like the Red but I think it's a very marmite colour, I was looking at an RX with Dark Rose, my son and I loved it, my wife and daughter hated it, my wife said it was a pimp mobile....

Another vote for the red interior,I think it’s just that little bit different and have had many compliments on the colour,as for the exterior colour that’s a tough one but the Sonic titanium does look so good and slightly different depending on the light.
Its a tough one!

• Like 1

I have ordered 'black and rich cream' on my 350h Takumi,  was tempted to have the Hazel trim but could not find a car in 3 dealers near me who had one to view, and the pics in the lexus brochure  / website looked a bit too '1970's Tan' to me.

I pick up my 450h+ premium plus tomorrow - Graphite with Hazel interior. My current NX is Graphite with Ochre trim - a combo that I really like and is much admired. I'll miss the ochre leather and the Hazel was the closest option. 

2 hours ago, imgo said:

I have ordered 'black and rich cream' on my 350h Takumi,  was tempted to have the Hazel trim but could not find a car in 3 dealers near me who had one to view, and the pics in the lexus brochure  / website looked a bit too '1970's Tan' to me.

I had a black Audi A6 with a, what I think was described as, a tan interior about 12 or so years ago.  It's one of my favourite exterior/interior combos.  Looking at the pictures of the Lexus Hazel interior I'd say the Audi was a couple of shades or more darker.

Not sure what "1970s Tan" was.  I'm not old enough to remember that 😁

• Like 1

I have had a white (F-sport) NX with dark rose interior which I thought looked great.

I now have a Mesa Red (F-Sport Takumi) with flare red interior. I was a little worried because the flare red looked very bright in pictures. Actually, it looks great. I would not go for a black interior because I find it too gloomy, especially with the black headliner and carpets of the F-Sport.

If I was to change to a new NX today, I would pick Blazing Carnelian with white leather. I think that combination looks awesome, even though I have only even seen one car that colour on the road.

Thanks to all who posted. 

Car ordered yesterday.

NX350h F Sport with pan roof in Sonic Grey and white interior. Luckily an F Sport with white interior had just arrived and was sat in the showroom. Loved the look. Delivery mid to end January 2023 so will be held until March 1st.

20220319_100502.jpg

20220319_100524.jpg

20220319_100452.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, Ken R said:

I pick up my 450h+ premium plus tomorrow - Graphite with Hazel interior. My current NX is Graphite with Ochre trim - a combo that I really like and is much admired. I'll miss the ochre leather and the Hazel was the closest option. 

Hope you're enjoying your nx Ken, I am collecting mine on Friday sonic grey with Hazel interior. Lexus is one of the few companies that offers a choice other than claustrophobic black and tan is dark enough to be practical and light enough to feel spacefull, also tan is the natural colour of leather (I.e. saddle) and doesn't require additional chemicals to change the colour, hence a softer feel, but we all have different tastes, so enjoy whatever you like!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stemicolt said:

Thanks to all who posted. 

Car ordered yesterday.

NX350h F Sport with pan roof in Sonic Grey and white interior. Luckily an F Sport with white interior had just arrived and was sat in the showroom. Loved the look. Delivery mid to end January 2023 so will be held until March 1st.

20220319_100502.jpg

20220319_100524.jpg

20220319_100452.jpg

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party on this discussion. When I pre-ordered my F-Sport last September, there were no cars to see and interior photos were 'artist's impressions'. My choice was either red and black or white and black and in the end I opted for the latter. As you have seen, the white and black looks stunning (in my opinion!) and I'm very pleased with the choice and it goes very well with our Sonic Grey. You can see photos of ours on the 'NX 2022 delivery date' thread.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Simon F said:

What would people think of Terrane Khaki with a Dark Rose interior?

The brochure didn’t do the interior colours justice but having seen them I think that would be superb.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don C said:

The brochure didn’t do the interior colours justice but having seen them I think that would be superb.  

I agree that the brochure / lexus website colours look strange.

I originally ordered my NX350h Takumi in graphite black with black and rich cream interior as the Hazel in the 'brochure' looked too dark for me and I could not find a car in 3 dealers local to me with Hazel. But, I have since viewed several pics and videos online showing Hazel, and it looks really nice and lighter than the brochure,  so I have amended my order to Hazel without seeing it in real life. Just got to wait till October for delivery and hope that the amended order will not delay it further. 

If anyone has Hazel interior it would be nice to hear their views on it, also please share more pics on here.

• Like 1