Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 450h v Audi Q5 phev

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

For me, its not the car or the styling, an Audi is a flippin’ liability.  I’d just be frightened of having it on the drive like a ticking bomb.  I can pick holes in the Lexus but it will still be going strong in 10 years.

• Like 2

Having test drived both cars, I did not find Q5 more comfy than the NX. 
Q5 TfsiE has a pretty poor reliability record here, huge delivery waiting time and equipment shortages 

NX all the way !!!

• Like 1

I've owned two Audi A6s.

I only owned them for two and three years respectively, but to be fair, I never had any issues with them.

I've had five Mercedes E Class over the last 14 years or so, no problem with any of them either (bar an annoying occasional rattly buzz from the dashboard in my current car).  

Looking to downsize now, but not too much.  Lexus had a few things going for it when I started looking; cost (a lot cheaper lease-wise than the Audi, BMW or Mercedes alternatives), it's still a quality marque to my mind and the Audi Q5 is such a bland, boring looking car to me.

I've never had an SUV type car before, but after the test drive I am very much looking forward to having one in 6 months time (fingers crossed).

• Like 2

It’s the same when the press test them - all of the German brands, all new and super. Wait until they get a bit of age about them and then ask the owners if they cause any problems and what it costs when they do. They out style lexus in many cases and they are good for the length of a pcp (sometimes) but being a mechanic by trade, give me just about anything japanese and it’s bland styling any day.  

• Like 1

I have a q5 and had no problems but getting a bit old so went to Audi to consider the plug in q5 but only available in black interior, so I asked what happens if you don't like black? And with arrogance he said, you don't have to buy one! So I didn't, went straight to Lexus and this Friday I will be the proud owner of a 450h +.....🤞🤞

• Like 1

Q5 PHEV have (at least in France) very limited availability and you have to forget some features (HUD and/or Adaptative cruise control for example) according to chip availability. On top of that the drivetrain seems not very reliable (even in brand new cars)...and not that fancy to drive for a german car.

A point to consider is that AUDI plug-in is basically a gasoline car with electric engine and a big Battery added, so, when Battery is no more charged Q5 gets a gasoline suv  mpg, while LEXUS NX450h+  is a Full hybrid vehicle with a bigger Battery to permit electric longer range but when Battery end it's extra charge you obtain the fuel spare of a eCVT Lexus NX. So, if you do less than 50 miles everyday and you may charge  there is no problem, but if you make more or you can't o forget to charge a NX450h+ (or also a simple NX Hybrid) is quite better for fuel costs.