Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement air filter recommendations

Hi all.

As the heading says looking at a new air filter as i do not see it has been changed since i got the car in 2017 and cannot find out if it was done before that i understand every 4 years or 40000 miles but i do not think this has be done.

I looked at the Lexus genuine one and it is nearly £36.00 which i feel is taking the p*** for a filter.

Any recommendations.

Thanks.

65mike:yes:

I spent £50 on K&N filter and it makes zero difference to the Bosch from Euro Car Parts. The only potential benefit is that it is washable but I think this is only useful for countries with a dusty air where you need to wash it every 6 months. Using K&N is a little pointless in UK, I think.

Any OE brands air filters would do, although £26 isn't that bad for genuine filter either. I did a mistake once getting K&N filter as well, for something like £46 and it was junk, it needs to be oiled, otherwise it won't filter, but if you oil it wrong then you will get issues with air flow meter etc. and no benefit for sure.

Unless you go to work everyday in a quarry then any decent brand name ( from a reputable seller!) will be fine in your 13 year old car ( over priced genuine not essential/cost effective any more) and will be a breath of fresh air ( see what I did there!) for your current filter I guess. 👍

note: if you do have a genuine one in there then you can ‘refresh’ it carefully with an air line by back blasting it.

This shows cabin filter cleaning but same rules apply,

170D4FE6-9B89-48B7-A01F-68FDDA83F919.png

I would only fit OE filters myself but for sure look online (as posted) to save a few pounds.

OE are superior to the likes of Fram (way better) as many online videos will show, but when needs must aftermarket will do.

IMO

Hi all.

Thanks for all your advise and recommendations.

I have as john says decided to go for the Bosch one not from eBay though.

At the price it is it seems to me a no brainer not to.

65mike😊

• 1 month later...